Help removing efi tune when locked...

SEOHPowerstroke

Project Developement
My turbo has blown up and the dealer is replacing it, but we can't get the efi live tune off because it's apparently LOCKED. It's a computer, I know someone on here knows how to unlock it. The technichan apparantly needs full control again to tune this turbo correctly. Please help. Thanks.

If it means anything it's an 09 LMM.

Call the guy that put the lock on it...most likely the guy that tuned it! Otherwise you run the risk of frying the ecm.

Tune a STOCK turbo? He should be able to flash over the EFI tunes with a Tech II but youll lose the EFI tunes forever...

Come to think of it...the GM tech does not have a need to flash the ecm when replacing the turbo. He only has to perform a vane position sensor relearn which should be done on the diagnostics side of the ecm.

Yes, a stock turbo. He changed it out, took it for a test drive a popped an intercooler boot. They said oil was everywhere and they think the intercooler is full of oil. (Is this possible?)

So a Teck II will clear my ecm? I don't care if I lose the tunes, I just want it fixed under waranty, I can retune it much cheaper.

There could definately be oil built up from the crank case vent. They should not have to flash over the EFI Live tune, the tech II will work just fine with an EFI file in there. They are just trying to put the latest update in the computer to cover their asses if the truck goes to another service center for warranty work.

Back