Help to make race/pull events better for you...

triton

Scarlet Fever
you guys have been to events and I'm sure have had some grievances about something. The way the track handled things, the way the racing organization handled things, classes you prefer to see, lines you had to wait in, lack of restrooms....etc.

In order to better meet the needs of everyone involved, what it is that you would add or change to events you've been too.

This info will be compiled and used to assist NADM to have a more effective game plan when setting up races/pulls from entering the gates to when you leave the venue.

Your input is very valued since it's the racers that bring the crowds. Don't be shy :Cheer:

wow, no one has a complaint or suggestion? Must not be a need to change or add a thing then. :huh::

No biotching is allowed then :rules: and the powers that be will be happy to know they've done a top notch job

il say this man power to answer questions is a must.outlaw races always seem to have some one around to answer questions and put out fires before they really get going.the numidia race went about as perfect as an event will ever go.i think they have the model its just following what works...

Well my only gripe is from a photographers point of view.

The gripe being that they need to allow a little more time in between classes and the transition between drag racing and sled pulling. Trying to be everywhere at the same time just wasn't working for me.
Oh and one other small thing, a list/time line for what is supposed to be going on would have been a big help too.

That's all I can come up with because I didn't actually get to take in the event and have fun. But from the sounds of it everyone else enjoyed it very much the way it was ran.

Well my only gripe is from a photographers point of view.

The gripe being that they need to allow a little more time in between classes and the transition between drag racing and sled pulling. Trying to be everywhere at the same time just wasn't working for me.
Oh and one other small thing, a list/time line for what is supposed to be going on would have been a big help too.

That's all I can come up with because I didn't actually get to take in the event and have fun. But from the sounds of it everyone else enjoyed it very much the way it was ran.

We tried very hard to have ZERO transition time, after years of hours of dead time at other Diesel events. I guess we succeeded!!!

List time line for events of the day???? that just gives you a schedule to be late on.:hehe:

Its very hard to have such a list, as we never know how many trucks, how many oil downs, wetaher..etc. But we do a general list, next time.

Just to clarify.... this thread isn't only for grievances or suggestions towards NADM. Just trying to find out from the people that need to be kept happy at events what they'd like to see or not.

for instance, from now on there will be effort put toward dedicated racer parking/ pit areas. Being mixed in with everyone who comes to a show didn't work well.

vendors need to have better access and exposure for their boothes

better announcing of racers, their sponsors and times ran

dedicated bathrooms for women along with hand wash stations

these are just some ideas. Getting them in place will take some work on the tracks part too. With ideas from you guys.... the whole experience can be bettered as NADM will have a better idea of what to come to the table with when they talk to tracks.

Food and beverage vendors. At Numidia ( I know the track insisted on providing) it took quite a while to get your order. If there were more options this line would have been quite a bit smaller.

Breaking up spectators and participants parking is good to a certain extent but spectators still need to be able to walk into the pits and see what is going on back there, it makes for a better time from a spectator point of view.

I agree with better announcing of the event, not knowing who is pulling/racing or their distance/time makes it hard to properly judge where someone stacked up with the others. I know that they had a digital readout at Numidia for the pull, but not many could see this due to its placement.

The only NADM event I made it to this year was Numidia, it was a very well run event and these are just suggestions, not gripes or complaints about the event.

Back