Hey turboram...609rwhp??

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
On a single charger, 24 valve truck?? Let's get some more info man!

Found this on the turbo list

turboram 01 cummins 14mm ve 24v 63.5 s300 one dead cylinder 609rwhp

And on YouTube....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IKZENtfvOU"]14mm ve powered 24V cummins - YouTube[/ame]

How different is a vp from a 14mm ve in fueling? The 64/71 has done 600+ plenty of times.

How different is a vp from a 14mm ve in fueling? The 64/71 has done 600+ plenty of times.
VP's have busted 900 on fuel on Monster pumps, there are maybe two or three VE's over 600, so this would be big news so to speak.

VP's have busted 900 on fuel on Monster pumps, there are maybe two or three VE's over 600, so this would be big news so to speak.

Right but a stock so vp's limit is 600-700 so if a 14mm ve is comparable in fuel then his claims make sense.

When he says 1 dead cylinder, it is 1 dead cylinder.

IMG_20130611_210513_392.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting.... I've been debating on this idea for white a while now. I got most the parts to do it...

IIRC, he's running a power-steering pump feeding high-pressure fuel directly into the 14mm H/R.

Something like that.

Nick's a very sharp individual and I have seen the set-up.
Lots of playing around and theory went into it, I assure you.

Mark.

I can supply a dyno sheet:rockwoot:.......the ve gained 80 HP over a monster pump and the monster pump had the benefit of all the cylinders :doh: And there was 10ft more average on the track compared to trucks we always run with to prove it..
We are currently down and motor is being put together but it will not be a ve in this truck . I will however have the ve record by next year with another truck

I actually had this thought last year but was told by several people a 14mm VE won't survive, so I installed a P7100 instead.

Back