High Idle

Turbonetics TQ

Turbonetics Turbochargers
Does anybody know if there is a way to make an adjustable ar high idle on an 01 24v ?

I know there is that PTO labeled orange wire in the harness going acrost the firewall.

I made one for my 02. It isn't too hard if you know how to wire ok. Here is what mine looks like. I can adjust it from idle to 1700rpm.

post-95-1196747536_thumb.jpg

Here is the wire diagram.
attachment.php

yea it was done yrs ago---will have to scrunch the brain to remember who first made it---it had nothing to do with the orange wire--it piggy-backed off the APPS if I remember right---mine burned up when some of my stainless lines hit the grid heater relays and started a small fire--the wiring took the brunt of the damage and it never worked after that-----it would only go up to like 1400rpms also----now if I can only remember who made it---you had a little box that you put in the cab with a reostat to adjust the rpms----chris

I went to my dealership 2 weeks ago to have them re-seal the vacuum pump, and asked them to do the high idle flash while they were at it, and the tech said "this truck isn't set up for the high idle flash." I called bs and told him to look up the tsb, and he kept saying he couldn't find it. I talked to a service writer and the service manager and they were all being dicks. I wish i could go to another dealership, but the closest dodge dealership is 500 miles away...

Go back and call BS on those retards.

TSB # 18-019-01

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Extended idle operation, especially in cold weather, can lead to stuck valves and bent
push-tubes due to insufficient cylinder heat. This allows varnishes/oils to condense on the
exhaust valve stems, leading to stuck valves, and damaged valve train components. A new
software feature, enabled or disabled through the DRBIII® (See instructions under Repair
Procedure), reduces the chance of valve sticking and improves cab heat warm-up time.
Once enabled, idle speed will slowly ramp up from 800 rpm to 1200 rpm
when all of the following conditions are met:
1. Intake Manifold Temperature less than 0 C (32 F) and,
2. Coolant Temp is less than 60 C (140 F) and,
3. The Transmission is in Neutral or Park and,
4. The Service Brake pedal is not depressed and,
5. Throttle = 0% and,
6. Vehicle Speed = 0 mph
Additionally, if Intake Manifold Temperature (IMT) is less than -9 C (15 F), and all of the
parameters above are met, three of the cylinders will be shut off upon reaching 1200 rpm,
creating a slight change in engine sound which is normal. This allows the engine to create
increased heat in the cooling system, allowing more rapid engine warm up and cab heating.
Both features will automatically disable when one of the following occurs:
1. The Automatic Transmission is placed in gear (forward or reverse) or,
2. The Service Brake pedal is depressed or,
3. Throttle position is greater than 0% or,
4. Vehicle Speed is greater than 0 mph or,
5. Coolant Temperature is greater than 79 C (175 F).
18-019-01 -2-
Engine speed will return to normal operation at 800 rpm. If the engine continues to idle
and coolant temperature is at or below 60 C (140 F), the feature will reenable. In order to
operate properly, the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS) must stay at idle.
NOTE: ANY TYPE OF AFTERMARKET IDLE SPEED KICKER THAT ACTIVATES
THE APPS WILL DISABLE THIS FEATURE.
Use of the 110V block heater will not allow the feature to function after an overnight soak. If
the vehicle is left idling, without use of the block heater, 1200 rpm operation will begin when
the intake temperature drops below 0 C (32 F) and coolant is less than 60 C (140 F).

BD makes one for $400-manual trans and $485-auto.
I just saw it in my Summit catalog. Called the ''BD diesel governor control kit''.
It reads as follows:
''This load-sensitive idle control kit helps your diesel engine warm up quicker in cold environments and better accommodate hydraulic pumps, generators, winch, or other accessories. It features easy, plug-in installation, safety controls to prevent your truck from moving once the rpm has been set, and can be set at two or three high-idle speeds from 900-2,400 rpm.

Sounds like what your looking for.
J.D.

I belive you can get a dealer to enable to the high idle in the truck. As far as O have been told the softwear is already in the truck and a dealer can flash it so you'll have high idle.

Just find someone close by that has the Smarty and load any of the SW# then go back to stock and the high idle will be enabled. The only trouble is the one in the Smarty or from the dealer is temperature dependant. The Adrenaline box Quad is working on has a high idle feature as well after the truck idles for two mins. it idles up to 1200 rpm. Hope this helps.
Joe

I've had a few times when the Smarty one would not kick the truck into high idle when it was about 22* out, but it will when it's 34* out side. :doh:

So, I just wired mine up and now I can set the idle to what I want when I want.

Shopping list is below:

10K-Ohm Linear-Taper Potentiometer
Model: 271-1715 | Catalog #: 271-1715

Red LED with Holder
Model: 276-270 | Catalog #: 276-270

1K ohm 1/2W 5% Carbon Film Resistor pk/5
Model: 271-1118 | Catalog #: 271-1118

SPST Lighted Rocker Switch
ORModel: R-13 135B | Catalog #: 275-692

12VDC/10A DPDT Plug-in Relay
Model: 275-218 | Catalog #: 275-218

Hexagonal Control Knob with Aluminum Insert
Model: 274-415 | Catalog #: 274-415

These are all the parts I got from Radio Shack. The POT shaft can be cut down to length for a better fit.

Back