Hood stack for street?

bcdeutsch731

I'm thinking about installing a hood stack on my truck. It will save me about 100lbs if I do it. I just wanted to know if anyone is running one on the street, and if so are you being hassled by the cops? I only put about 2000 miles on my truck a year.

Anyone know of a good hood stack?

Do not have your pass side window down when you are driving with a hood stack! My buddy made it a week before he got a trumped up ticket and a notice to remove it...but that is PA.

Depends where you live. It is illegal on the federal level as far as the law is concerned. Exhaust can never be vented forward of the passenger compartment. If you live in the sticks, you may pull it off.

I live in the sub's of Illinois about 30 miles out side of Chicago.

I was thinking of just buying a race fiberglass hood and just switching hoods and exhaust when I go to the track.

I installed the grand rock kit about 3 weeks ago and haven't had any problems yet. I drive the truck on the weekends and spent this past one downtown all day sofar all the cops i have seen just look at it.

what about making the exhaust exit through the passenger side front quarter panel? Saves weight, not many people do it, and you dont have an attention grabbing stack sticking out of your hood lol

I have one on mine. I don't drive it much, but have went pass some sheriff's. You really find yourself feathering the throttle when you see them

A local guy here runs one on a nasty 12v. They don't attract THAT much attention until some smoke rolls out. His truck runs pretty clean, but that hood stack makes it seem really smokey.

Anyway, he has a "Y" off the charger. One goes up, the other goes into a 4" electric cutout that dumps over the axle. Hood stack is removable with a cap that covers the hole.

I have set right next to the state police at a stop light and not had them bother me. I have been running mine for a couple years now. If I see them I kind of back off so its not making a bunch of noise. I don't drive it a lot on the street tho anymore . I do know a couple other guys around me that have done it and they haven't been bothered either.

guy around Peoria drives a big flashy 6.oh excursion with a hood stack. noisy as all hell, i think itll drive you insane if you ask me.

I have one on my 97. Doesnt get driven a lot but I've never been hassled. I drove it to scheids this year on 70 and you know how the cops are out there.

I drove with one every day for almost a year. Never had an issue.

As stated, any speed over 5mph the passenger window will have to be up. Mine was actually quieter than the 5" exhaust that I had previously.

I used to live all over the burbs. Glad my parents decided to move out of there. I still consider anything north of Joliet, east of Aurora, and south of Gurnee Chicago.:lolly:

I forgot about Wehrli's truck. That is a beautiful setup.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

guy in lancaster has one on his powerstroke. He runs the dog sheet out of it and was a daily driver. Never got hasseled or a ticket. I was thinking about doing it. Look at grand rocks hood stack kit!

Back