Hot farm transmissions

RTK

I've seen for example a 1066 hot farm puller and was wondering since the shift controls looked stock was the transmission mostly stock? As in just drop some low gears out then beef up shafts and stuff like that? And what's better get rid of TA or just get a very big TA like an 8 disc?

What limitations do you have in your Hot Farm class?
Around here hot farm is pretty much run what you brung, hope you brought enough.

All depends on what your hot farm class is like.

Hot farm here is manufactuerers offered engine (414, 436, 466). Factory appearing fuel pump, (11, 12, 13, 14, 15mm head) can be inline if it was offered for the model, almost any turbo you want, and water. All these guys run stock trans. Most run the TA. I have a heavy TA built built for my 1066 by Ed Leamann. Give him a call. One of the best in the country when it comes to TAs IMO.

Other places the hotstock class is much much more than here.

This is Hoosier state rules. I currently don't pull so I don't keep up on rules but I know you can run a p pump on anything (I think don't hold me to that) so it's stock tranny? Or stock tranny that's beefed up? 3.0 limit charger and 510 class limit cubes.

What I see in the tractor pulling world is if you run by the rules it's middle of the pac and back. I don't pull but hang around guys that build and dyno alot. This doesn't mean all of them but quit a few.

What I see in the tractor pulling world is if you run by the rules it's middle of the pac and back. I don't pull but hang around guys that build and dyno alot. This doesn't mean all of them but quit a few.

:lolly:
Around home we always joke around and say "The best cheater wins"

But no, I do not think a stock tranny would hold to a 510, 3x3 class. I KNOW a T/A would not hold in that class.

mfsuper90, you would be surprised what a TA would hold. We have had a guy in the area running a profarm tractor with TA for a long time. He finally decided to remove it this year.

The person who can read the gray areas are the best winners!!!

RTK, I can assume that you are running an IH, head over to redpowerforum.com and ask a few guys. It isn't a competition forum, but A LOT of them over there are big pullers and really know IH's

mfsuper90, you would be surprised what a TA would hold. We have had a guy in the area running a profarm tractor with TA for a long time. He finally decided to remove it this year.

Profarm? thats pretty impressive I must say! Most guys I know around here get rid of them in hot farm.

Profarm? thats pretty impressive I must say! Most guys I know around here get rid of them in hot farm.

Yea guys here sometimes blow them out in farmstock. I mean Zach did last summer. Then again that was a 966 turboed in 14k lb class.

Yea I am not sure how much power he was making, but its a 1466 with 540 stroker in it, custom precision turbo, inercooled with water and lots of other stuff. The heaviest he pulled was 13.5 tho.

You need to upgrade your tranny with that engine and weight class. Call ProFab or Kenny's Pulling Parts.

A stock tranny will be fine in a hot farm class. But around here, theres very few stock trans left because we all run over gears.

we have a few 8500lb lps 466 3x4 tractors around here that could use a profab since aftermarket gears arent holding up.

light pro is 540ci unlimted single. The tractors im talking about usually dominate the 9500lb hotfarm and 8500lb limted pro 466ci 3x4 at gordyville every year.

Back