Hot Rod Garage does a diesel swap!

just watched both videos, unfortunately he made a rookie mistake, gonna be a cool smokey truck, just what we need, and they never mentioned timing that thing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B34LTUqdgHo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B34LTUqdgHo[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db53h7cbBrE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db53h7cbBrE[/ame]

The host is a professional "drifter", so that explains a lot. I don't really care for that show since he started hosting it. I still watch road kill, but the rest of motor trend can suck a d1ck.

I was into it until the guy mentioned fuel plates. "I'm not actually sure."

Guess it's a good segment for the drive-by viewer. Too bad it wasn't Stacey David or Roadkill.

I like the truck, but what does the mexican fellow have a perpetual look of confusion on his face?

Could use a name change for the truck as well. Dont need to promote douchery

"room temperature volatile silicone"
No. No no no no.
Vulcanizing yes.

Sent from my Not So Smartphone

I did like when he said he "don't wanting it smoking out the exhaust like your douchebag vaping cousin". LOL It was when he was talking about the restrictor nozzle in the oil feed to the charger.

It's been a long time since I've had/messed with a 12V but can't a stock charger 12V make around 400rwhp with some bigger sticks and a fuel plate? His seems a bit low with an aftermarket charger. Must be tiny? Or just need a lot more tweeking on the fuel system??

Obviously "ski jump" will beat out "guy wearing a hat" everyday. Duh. :bang

I fee dumber having watched them both.

I took that as him joking. I'm alright with him admitting to not having a clue how it really worked and stating as much. Rather that than him make up some BS.

I did like when he said he "don't wanting it smoking out the exhaust like your douchebag vaping cousin". LOL It was when he was talking about the restrictor nozzle in the oil feed to the charger.

It's been a long time since I've had/messed with a 12V but can't a stock charger 12V make around 400rwhp with some bigger sticks and a fuel plate? His seems a bit low with an aftermarket charger. Must be tiny? Or just need a lot more tweeking on the fuel system??

Everything they did could have been done with pulling the fuel plate, and 5x.012's lol Plus the trans stuff. Instead, they probably have 10k into it.

I really want to see how much they can push that small charger...if they can do say, 500hp, that would be badass. That HX35 also looked in pretty bad shape.

Anyways, I offered my help, we'll see if they take it. Garmon's mods did 433rwhp on the hx35 and 449rwhp on a a3k (57mm) was a fun low smoke combo and spooled better than stock. I'd like to see them do something similar.

Honestly they aren't doing a bad job. They need gov springs like yesterday. Those dyno runs sounded like a cruise down the highway. I am willing to bet a lot of the low power numbers stem from gov springs and a lack of fuel all together.

"+45 hp" injectors are probably just a set of 215 injectors re boxed which are what 5x9s? Maybe they are 5x10s.

160 pump
stock gov springs
mild plate
very mild injectors

=low power

Honestly they aren't doing a bad job. They need gov springs like yesterday. Those dyno runs sounded like a cruise down the highway. I am willing to bet a lot of the low power numbers stem from gov springs and a lack of fuel all together.

"+45 hp" injectors are probably just a set of 215 injectors re boxed which are what 5x9s? Maybe they are 5x10s.

160 pump
stock gov springs
mild plate
very mild injectors

=low power

I really wish they would have given some boost and EGT numbers, that would have given a good indication of how everything was working together. 90% of gas guys would have said "huh?" but 90% of diesel guys would have gotten it.

I really wish they would have given some boost and EGT numbers, that would have given a good indication of how everything was working together. 90% of gas guys would have said "huh?" but 90% of diesel guys would have gotten it.

I agree 100%. Boost and EGT numbers would probably tell a big part of the story.

My guess is the main goal was to show how easily diesel engines can make more power. Not necessarily to please the diesel crowd diehard purist 12v guys.

They left out the part about spending probably over 10 grand in parts to achieve what they did because of the route they chose LOL

Very cool segment to me nonetheless

Is it any different than watching Trucks and Horsepower TV when they did diesel stuff? They sounded a little more educated because they were just advertising for Banks and Edge. AFAIK, Hot Rod Garage isn't sponsored by parts outfits. Take it with a grain of salt and enjoy it for what it is. It isn't Comp D TV.

Back