How much water are you injecting during a pass ?

VaOutlaw

King of the dyno
On my 1000 hp 2005 Cummins we are running a high pressure pump set at 800-lbs and was wondering what the most amount of water we can run in a 1/8 mile pass. We normally run 6.90s in the 1/8th. Mine is set up on a Hobbs switch and comes in at 30 lbs of boost.

On my 1000 hp 2005 Cummins we are running a high pressure pump set at 800-lbs and was wondering what the most amount of water we can run in a 1/8 mile pass. We normally run 6.90s in the 1/8th. Mine is set up on a Hobbs switch and comes in at 30 lbs of boost.

my truck is 800hp 2 stage cooling mist with 4 cm10 nozzles..i use my windshield washer resevior, it goes down a little over an inch every pass..quarter mile..10 runs or so and its almost empty..

That's about how much I am going through with my Snow kit. I want to go to a high pressure system one of these days.

I am spraying about 20 ozs every 1/8 mile pass but I am starting to wonder IF I am spraying too much ...

Without water my max. egt's were 1940 with all that water my max has been 1720.

VA way back in the stone ages I ran a SPS 66 and S4T (big brother) Twins @ 80-85 psi on my 12V, hp was 850-870 depending on the tune and I ran (2) Snow Performance pumps, 1 ran (2) 625 nozzles at 190 psi and the second ran (1) 625 at 260 psi and that combo was not too much water. Can't give you usage amounts like you stated as I ran it on the street all the time, I'd say you are not shooting too much water and that is about right on EGT drop.

Jim

I spoke with a Super Stock Tractor puller last year. His tractor was an IH 466 with three turbos. I asked him the same thing.

He had a 1000+psi injection system for water. I think he had 9 nozzles.

5K rpm off the line and in a 300 foot pull he said it ran about a gallon and one half of water and just a little less than that in diesel fuel.

I said, "you have a STEAM engine." He smiled. He won, too.

I also have mine tapped into the windshield washer resivor and use about 2 inches out of the resivor a pass

It doesn't seem like you are spraying to much water. I was going to say 16-30 oz.

Yes in pulling we use a lot of water. Our super stock tractor used about 2 gallons of water. We had 12 nozzles. We used more nozzles with smaller jets.

Are you using one big jet? Also consider staging water to come on later. If you know when and how hot your egts are you can gain some hp by staging the water.

Back