how much will i benefit from a 3in downpipe

csummers

looking into buying a new downpipe for my truck,if i get on it in 2nd grear by the time i hit 5th my egts are at 1300to1400 and i let off.all of my mods are listed below,do you guys think the downpipe will help out much? im looking at eather mbrp or magnaflow any input is much appreciated thanks guys

I ran a profab 3" when I still had a stock turbo. Dropped egts 100* at wot and around 50* just cruising.

Galaxy S3

mine helped in egt's only. no power increase . Most noticable was how fast it cooled back down after pulling a grade

ok thanks guys..i also heard it make ur truck sound better to,is there any truth to that?

It didn't sound like owls having sex in my tailpipe after I changed my down pipe....

If your not sure of who did you EFI live tuning i would get it retuned, at WOT throttle on mine from 2nd to 5th i may touch 1300 degrees. and that is a tune that netted me 492 horsepower. Also you have to think of it being how hot for how long, you can walk across the street on a 110 degree day and not get burnt but sit in the sun for a couple of hours and you will be toast.

yes i did bought it in july in mineral wells wv...why you kno the guy i bought it from?

Back