How quickly will it blow.....

If this is the only current "kit" option, seems a prime opportunity for someone to bring a better matched setup to market at a realistic price.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So for 18,200 you get a ratty looking compound setup, lose your hood, and takes 15 seconds to spool...….. hell of a deal.

That is a ludicrous price for what looks like a really terrible driving setup. 3800 worth of turbos...they're wild af.

ONLY $18,200!?!? Hot damn where is my wallet

And you lose your truck for a minimum of 10 days because they want you to bring it to them

I made a comment on the Titan XD Facebook group just merely asking why they're price was so high and that their single turbo setup would have been better if they would've ditched the crappy JD style "5 blade" stainless diesel 366 for a better 300sxe.....

That resulted in me instantly kicked out the group.:hehe:

And you lose your truck for a minimum of 10 days because they want you to bring it to them

I like how it says if you have it shipped to you to install yourself they wont even answer any questions about it. Seems pretty dickish to me. 18k for compounds that you cant even have on the street is ridiculous. :bang

Yea, I haven't been impressed with CFT. I bought a "test pipe", because they were the only ones that I could find. It has nice welds and thick pipe, but other parts are lacking. When you're one of the only people making parts for them and you're marketing your stuff, it's going to sell.

I have been following this a bit as well Blackmega, should be interesting... And not to derail your thread but it may be related.. Did you see any of the posts from Castle Customs or maybe it was Kastle Kustoms? He posted a series of pictures of bottom ends ranging from stock 5.0L to his personal S366 swapped 5.0L. All with varying miles from as low as 10K to 75K. Anyway they all show signs of serious heat damage on the journals. After he posted it quickly turned into an "Amsoil cures cancer thread" and got completely out of hand and he pulled the thread. Wondering if anyone here on CompD saw this as well? Im going to see if I can dig anything up more on this & I will post it here

So after seeing a guy on the titan xd forum have internal issues at 55k miles I'm convinced this truck runs too hot with how often the fan kicks on. I'm putting in a mishimote 180 t-stat and auxiliary oil cooler. This is a problem I would bet on that Nissan knows about but will never acknowledge.

Temps

So after seeing a guy on the titan xd forum have internal issues at 55k miles I'm convinced this truck runs too hot with how often the fan kicks on. I'm putting in a mishimote 180 t-stat and auxiliary oil cooler. This is a problem I would bet on that Nissan knows about but will never acknowledge.

Interesting... Do you really think these trucks run too hot? I live in the desert SW and run extensively from West Texas to Southern AZ, temps this time of year on the ground in Tucson are 105-115. Truck normally runs at about 205F- 207F (coolant temp via EZlynk) summer & winter mons regardless. This time of year however I do see as high as 217F towing up some of the steeper grades in eastern AZ. Trailer is a 28' aluminum race trailer 11.5K loaded. I have never seen anything above 217F so far. So I am interested in your thoughts for sure and interested in what you see for data / temps. Several years ago I went to a 200F thermostat in my 12V truck ran better & milage improved a tick too.

On a side note, the transmission cooler on these trucks is terrible. First thing I did when I bought the truck was plumb in a remote spin on filter boss (Donaldson) and external stacked plate cooler mounted in front of the radiator. Trans temps never exceed 185F.

No idea how to edit my own posts, but it should be noted that my oil pressure is steady @ 42psi when above 1700 rpm. Running T6 15w-40 full syn.

Back