How to get power to ground on 04 ford

Redlaramie77

Always learning
Hey guys i got a buddy that has a 04 reg cab dually with leaf spring front end. I dont know anything about these trucks and i been trying to help him out with no luck.
I wanna guess he is around 550hp give or take and weighs 7200lbs he has been pulling with 1/4 tread tires. It seems like the truck is going to rip out of its own skin.
The only thing i can come up with is the front end is way to stiff sometimes if he gets on it to hard the front tires come off the ground. Whats a guy gotta do 4 link the front? Run short track bars so it dont lift on the front? :ford::lolly:

It needs front traction bars. Its the way the shackles setup is that causes the problem.

We will have to take a look at doing that. I was looking at the kelderman airbag kit for them but it looks like they still use 1 leaf instead of a full link setup.

You say the front end comes off the ground. Like it lifts the front end and holds it or it hops so bad the tires come off the ground? If it hops you might be able to fix it with shock tuning. Putting front traction bars on would help like notenoughsmoke said but because the shackle is on the back on superdutys it'll bind bad. What EXACTLY is it doing? With that it will be a lot easier do diagnose.

Back