How to get rid of bounce in a duramax

Teelo

Weve got blocked front and rear suspension, 800 lbs on the front and 600 in the back and custom made trac bars. The torsion bars are raised all the way up.

The last couple pulls weve been to its bounced like crazy and ive had to let off on it, how can i get rid of it?

Lower the torsion bars all the way. Take out the bolts completely. I have video of Kevin's truck if you want to see how it hooks that way.

Lower Torsion bars completely. Strap centerlink. Do not limit front travel in any way! No limit straps or hook stops!

Honestly it is pretty hard to make a Dmax bounce.

With the T-Bars raised all the way up I bet you have bent or twisted the Center link.. I hope you guys have Tie-Rod Sleeves on it..if not your headed to bent Tie Rod land.

yea phil I think theyre good on that, we talked to them in BFE KY last night.. Sharp truck its just a bouncin problem...

Take the 600 outta the back and put it with the other 800 up front.

Man I'm jealous, I gotta loose some weight so I can hang 1,400 up front. Surely it's an 8,500 class? I won't feel so bad then :)

Is it correct when it says the FRONT and rear are blocked? If so, that may be your problem. Its commonly said to NOT limit the travel up OR down on the front suspension. Simply lower the bars, have tire pressure low (35 or less) and have the correct supporting items like tierod sleeves, centerlink or pitman/idler arm braces. Nothing else needs to be done to the front. I have pulled twice. Once with weight up front, once without. Both times the front end was fine and I had no bounce. I do block the rear w/ 1" of travel.

C-ya

Also depending on what your tire pressure is that may be the cause of it. Mine was bouncing really bad my first pull. Second pull it didn't bounce but had a very very very bad vibration to it. No one could ever tell me what the vibration was.

duramaxin14 said:
Also depending on what your tire pressure is that may be the cause of it. Mine was bouncing really bad my first pull. Second pull it didn't bounce but had a very very very bad vibration to it. No one could ever tell me what the vibration was.

you saying it had a bad vibration but no bounce

Does the truck have green keys on it? Im have them on mine and have bent 4 tie rods and 1 centerlink by not lowering the bars. Im afraid to try again . I had the sleeves installed and Cognito braces and still bent everything. So im hoping that taking the bolts out will help. what do y'all think?

TIM Z said:
Does the truck have green keys on it? Im have them on mine and have bent 4 tie rods and 1 centerlink by not lowering the bars. Im afraid to try again . I had the sleeves installed and Cognito braces and still bent everything. So im hoping that taking the bolts out will help. what do y'all think?

Green Keys are the Devil.. I don't know if taking the Bolt all the way out will still keep you from breaking/bending stuff.

TIM Z said:

Super Diesel centerlink to go with the sleeves you already have, well worth the money IMO

Back