How to get tar off?

westleys bleach white works real good to jus spray it on and watch it run down just dont let it sit on the paint for a long time out in the sun

WD-40 has always worked for me. I've also heard of peanut oil? Never tried it, just had people rave about it to me. Who know how they figured it out?

WD-40 for severe tar problems.
Tarminator for smaller ones.

The one thing I LOVE about Tarminator is its many uses and ease of use.I had a regular of mine who I detail for bring his car to me after a company spray painted a building when the wind was blowing.It covered the top of his car as it was pointing nose into the wind(hood,roof,windshield,trunk).A couple of micro-fiber towels and a can of Tarminator and all the over spray was gone and all I did was refinish it with a good wax and detailer.

Tarminator is also good for those of us who show their diesel trucks as it will remove any soot from a quarter panel with ease and it is also good for removing the nasty sticky glue left behind by unwanted decals.

I use gojo. The one that doesn't have any grit. The one in the white conatianer with blue letters. Just apply it and give it a few. I work for a roofing company and that's what we mainly use to get asphalt off the works trucks.

Im always picking up tar on my truck either on the doors of the rear quarter panel. I just take a clean soft towel (not one from the bathroom) and soak it in GAS and just wipe it over the tar and it always comes off. It will not harm the paint but just be sure to wax the areas that you wiped down with gas when you are done cuz the gas takes everything including any wax you may have had on the truck off. I actually wipe my Dakota down every year with gas and then re-wax it before the spring. It helps prevent the wax from building up.

Back