Hydraulic pump as a fuel supply pump?

Damn, I bet that would work very well.

My manual on the 53's lists a low volume and a high volume but no GPH. Id say one off an 8v71 would work great.

BTW, I'm going to ship you that flywheel housing when I can find a damn box it will fit in. LOL

BTW, I'm going to ship you that flywheel housing when I can find a damn box it will fit in. LOL

LOL

I don't really know squat about the detroit pumps, I bolted one on a engine I rebuilt about 15 years ago.

Some googling turned up something like 15psi idle and 60-70 wide open on a 60 series.

They're like $100-$200 on ebay.

That's all I've got at the moment.

Hmmm. Bearing, shaft with female square drive, carrier/bracket, serpentine pulley 1/2 ish the size of the crank, longer belt. Find a place to mount it.

Maybe.

Probably be easier to use a gilmer drive like the glacier and Opie systems use.

I know detroits have I high return rate so it should have no problem keeping up with a 5.9

How would one go about lubricating the drive end of the pump shaft? I'm eyeing a cat lift pump and curious about how to convert it to gilmore or serpentine.

I will have to find a part number and check it. It its the one I think it is, it came from a 600hp application.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

I snatched up that pump today. I can't find identifying markings on it. It has a gear drive so I think its from a 3412 but I could find any more on it

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Back