I hate/suck at wiring

04cummins kevin

So the truck died an had it towed home, found no power at the fuel pump ( on inside of frame rail) traced the power wire back to a 38pin connector it was spliced into but its not plugged into anything. Now it is a fummins so the un-used plug doesn't seem to odd but would I be able to splice into another wire for power? Or how could I check to see if the plug is still getting power?
I have a multimeter but am pretty clueless when it comes to electrical work, im just at a loss as to why it quit getting power. And yes ive checked all fuses

Attachments

• NCM_0164.jpg
    NCM_0164.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 0
  • NCM_0165.jpg
    NCM_0165.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 0
I'm assuming when you say "quick splice" you mean the little blue things that are used to tap off an existing wire that just squeeze on with pliers. Most call them scotch locks. Those things need to be banned and burned from existence right along with slotted head screws. If I even see one that works it gets replaced. ;)

I'm assuming when you say "quick splice" you mean the little blue things that are used to tap off an existing wire that just squeeze on with pliers. Most call them scotch locks. Those things need to be banned and burned from existence right along with slotted head screws. If I even see one that works it gets replaced. ;)

LOL, I have used them, however I always put silicon in with them to protect the copper from the elements. Biggest issues I have seen is the wire gets exposed to weather and corrosion starts.

Silicon? I'm gonna need a few hours to reconsider our friendship.

:hehe:

You need your head examined. Let's put an insulator in something designed to conduct and does the worst job of that on the market. LOL

Silicon? I'm gonna need a few hours to reconsider our friendship.

:hehe:

You need your head examined. Let's put an insulator in something designed to conduct and does the worst job of that on the market. LOL

I thought you were an electronics guy, what are transistors made of? LOL

Seriously dab of silicon both sides, put wires in, crimp while silicone is wet(duh) then enjoy years of trouble free service. :)

I do agree that any type of a high ampacity connection they are less than ideal.

Yep, the years of being exposed just corroded the wire. Pulled the quick splice off an wired it in, used the rubber shrink pieces to cover everything and the truck fired right up. Hopefully no other problems come up

Back