I let her drive..

I didn't start laughing until the people behind the video camera started laughing.....although, I can think of many men on this site that are guilty of the same move - myself included.

I've watched the video several times and still have no idea what the guys behind me are saying....

its funny because it sounds like they're saying

whoooo wee dango wango bango chickin wang walmart whoooeeeee

its funny because it sounds like they're saying

whoooo wee dango wango bango chickin wang walmart whoooeeeee

Northeast Florida? Sounds like the right language to me then:poke:. Haha.

Funny stuff man, good post!

I have done some pretty stupid looking things in my Ford in 4wd...WITHOUT the front wheel hubs engaged (so no power to the front wheels-RWD only):doh:LOL.

stupid question, I never raced my truck before, so does everyone run in 4wd? if your only making like 500-550 hp is it worth launching in 4wd? I doubt I will have a hard time hooking up since I am not making much power at all. I would think if the track is prepped and I do a burn out that i should be able to hook up easily and that 4wd would only slow me down. Am I way off base here??

stupid question, I never raced my truck before, so does everyone run in 4wd? if your only making like 500-550 hp is it worth launching in 4wd? I doubt I will have a hard time hooking up since I am not making much power at all. I would think if the track is prepped and I do a burn out that i should be able to hook up easily and that 4wd would only slow me down. Am I way off base here??

Burnouts are pretty much useless on street tires in my opinion. If you're planning on leaving the tree with any bit of boost, you'll probably wish you'd put it in 4wd- even at 500ish hp. Best way to learn though, is by going to the track and making some passes; find out what works for you.

PS: 4wd doesn't slow you down...

A low hp vp truck could maby do 2wd but with cr it seems like they just hit so hard down low I only have maby 400 hp and I cant drag in 2wd without lighting up tires

My daily driver 4x4 QC Long Bed 12valve with about 390 RWHP is right on the verge of being able to take-off in 2wd. If I start with zero boost and just wack the throttle, it spins just enough to scratch the tires in 2nd and 3rd with the converter unlocked. With the converter locked, it spins as soon as it makes the 2nd gear shift and blows the tires off till midway through third where it catches traction and then bogs the motor.

With a mild 5 psi boosted launch, it won't hold in 2wd in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd regardless of converter unlocked or locked.

In my opinion, 4x4 is required once you reach 350 RWHP and plan to do mild boosted launches at the track.

My daily driver 4x4 QC Long Bed 12valve with about 390 RWHP is right on the verge of being able to take-off in 2wd. If I start with zero boost and just wack the throttle, it spins just enough to scratch the tires in 2nd and 3rd with the converter unlocked. With the converter locked, it spins as soon as it makes the 2nd gear shift and blows the tires off till midway through third where it catches traction and then bogs the motor.

With a mild 5 psi boosted launch, it won't hold in 2wd in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd regardless of converter unlocked or locked.

In my opinion, 4x4 is required once you reach 350 RWHP and plan to do mild boosted launches at the track.

i agree. my 380hp(mind you 5spd) 12v couldnt do a boosted launch in 2wd. 305/75-16 BFG M/Ts would just spin. that or i would slip the clutch.

Garrett

Back