I may drag home a 1st gen this weekend

2141pete

Hell I dont know
I found a local guy who has a 90' 2wd reg cab 5spd for sale. He says it runs great but needs an alternator and voltage regulator. If it is in good shape do you guys think it's worth $1500????????????

I think I will if it is in descent shape. Is there anything I should look for in particular? Also will an alternator from an 02' bolt up? I have a brand new voltage regulator I can wire in.

I dont know about the alternator... Things to look for - 4 tires, brakes, engine and trans work? Just being a smarta**, I love my first gen's they are stupid simple and never give me a hard time

He says the engine and tranny are smooth and it has 4 brand new 10 ply's. Hopefully it look and runs as good as he says. It seems to me like too good of deal to pass up.

Good deal.

Damn, where are you guys finding these cheap 1st gens????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

At that price its hard to go wrong if it is what he says it is. They are a fun truck to play with.

That's what I'm thinking. Now I just need to find a goose neck trailer to drag it home.

I've got a 16' utility trailer you can use if you want. It's not a gooseneck but I used it to tote my orange truck and my white truck across the country with no issues.

Before you stroke the check, look and see if there's any corrosion bubbling up through the paint over the front windshield. The 1st gens have an issue with corrosion there as a result of Chrysler's failure to prevent such during assembly. The area in question is inaccessible for us users to address as a preventative measure. It rusts from the inside out. :bang

Worst case, this is what happens ~

Picture_036_1024x768_800x600.jpg

Picture_035_1024x768_800x600.jpg

Back