i need some better valve springs...

JBradley500

i have stock valve springs, nothing to brag about. I only run until my 366 spring wont fuel anymore which is around 3600 rpm based off of my MPH. i was thinking about getting 60# Cummins springs. I dont know much about what else is out there for a reasonable price.

Are real Cummins springs the best option for me and where can you get the best price for them?

"60 LB" springs will be fine for 3600 rpm at a good price. Another option is Hamilton. It all depends on what you want to do in the future.

i think im about done with my engine besides possibly studs. the hamilton ones i saw were like 600 dollars. seemed like overkill for my needs.

Well by the time you get 60lb springs and retainers and keepers you are only 100 off from the Hamiltons. Trust me I already went through this and now I have the Hamiltons

Last edited:
You can get 60# PacBrake springs from just about any diesel performance shop out there in the 100 to $125 price range. TNT Diesel Performance, Maryland Shop, Parts, Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Products, Puredieselpower.com, vulcan performance, citydiesel.net, sourceautomotive.biz, toxicdiesel, Mamau Diesel or PM Snedge, ebay, used in the classified section, Pac Brake's website direct, PDR diesel, Peak diesel, or any of the various other site sponsers.

Seriously, a 1 minute search on valve springs would have yielded more sources that what I just posted off the top of my head.

You can get 60# PacBrake springs from just about any diesel performance shop out there in the 100 to $125 price range. TNT Diesel Performance, Maryland Shop, Parts, Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Products, Puredieselpower.com, vulcan performance, citydiesel.net, sourceautomotive.biz, toxicdiesel, Mamau Diesel or PM Snedge, ebay, used in the classified section, Pac Brake's website direct, PDR diesel, Peak diesel, or any of the various other site sponsers.

Seriously, a 1 minute search on valve springs would have yielded more sources that what I just posted off the top of my head.

i was kind of hoping to get some responses about the quality of those springs. i dont want to pay for something then be sorry for it later. been there, done that.

Get the specs you need and call Pac racing springs in Michigan. They can hook you up with a good set. They are all I use in all my engines weather gas or diesel. Made 100% in USA and in house too. No outsourcing.

my pacbrake springs were just fine but i would have got some retainers and clips too if i had kept it. next engine will get the full package.

Garrett

Back