I thought smarty wouldn't write over other programmers?

getblown5.9

Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
tried my buddy's smarty in another guys 03 truck last night. loaded right up, no issues, no problems, went for a ride and it was very stout.

cam back and had to break this kids heart and possibly wallet by putting it back to stock. well it was even worse for him because once back to stock he said his truck is a dog now, it used to run real well and blow a little smoke...now its pure stock.

apparently there was some other programmer in there that the smarty wiped...i didnt think smarty would over write another program.

It says right on the site that the smarty is loaded with the most current software from DC, and that is the software that the truck will be returned to if you go back to stock.

:(

That is why I have never played with the Smarty. I don't want to lose my CaTCHER software.

This isn't the first time someone says their stock file is ruined. The smarty does update to the latest DC software....and apparently its a little detuned of the original that came in the truck....

or this is a marketing trick. Since its so slow now, you want that Smarty forever! LOL

MD-LUCKY said:
It says right on the site that the smarty is loaded with the most current software from DC, and that is the software that the truck will be returned to if you go back to stock.

:(

That is why I have never played with the Smarty. I don't want to lose my CaTCHER software.
MikeG waited for a while to switch to the Smarty cause he loved the way the truck ran and didn't want to chance screwing it up.. He finally wrote over the Catcher with the Smarty and loves it.. It gave him quite a bit more power.

The Smarty does not detune a truck. It does put the truck back the the OEM software though.

Bob Wagner said:
phil will you ever grow up? come on now
Don't you get it Bob?!?!? I heard some one say the other month that there are no high HP common rails running the Smarty! Guess they better look again.....

this wasnt the stock file being ruined, he bought the truck used and it has stacks, and a good clutch in it, and it always ran hot for a "stock" 03, plus it would blow a little smoke. my best guess would be a superchips or hypertech mild tuner.

after the smarty tho its back to stock and he is kinda disappointed. i was just under the impression that if any other tuner had already been loaded, that the smarty wouldn't recognize the software and not load.

I doubt any downloader would right over another downloader. I could be wrong though

its called a joke Bob

Lloyd you made that history after i said that. Its still mind boggling that 1132hp was made with a stock ECM (RC Cox)

Back on topic.....

the Smarty has to read thats its a stock software before its loads in a catcher ECM, correct Bob?? Thats why those few trucks with Brazilian softwares left from some other downloader wouldn't work with Smartys unless you have the recovery program

Last edited:
973604x4 said:
its called a joke Bob

Lloyd you made that history after i said that. Its still mind boggling that 1132hp was made with a stock ECM (RC Cox)

Actually Phil, I didn't even realize you had said it. I remembered seeing it posted on another site. Besides that even if it was afterward, it is not like it was done with a custom tune. It was just off the shelf tuning. Speaking of RC, has anyone seen or heard from him? Been trying to reach him for almost 3 weeks.

lmills said:
Actually Phil, I didn't even realize you had said it. I remembered seeing it posted on another site. Besides that even if it was afterward, it is not like it was done with a custom tune. It was just off the shelf tuning. Speaking of RC, has anyone seen or heard from him? Been trying to reach him for almost 3 weeks.

Well bud Im glad the Smarty works for you, but im telling you it does not work on my truck. I have the dyno sheets to prove it. I had an off the shelf smarty tune vs an off the shelf PPE HOT tune.

Last i heard he was going to keep the truck and buy a prostreet truck...but thats just rumor.

973604x4 said:
Well bud Im glad the Smarty works for you, but im telling you it does not work on my truck. I have the dyno sheets to prove it. I had an off the shelf smarty tune vs an off the shelf PPE HOT tune.

Last i heard he was going to keep the truck and buy a prostreet truck...but thats just rumor.
oh, I do not doubt you Phil. Different engines like different combos. Fortunately I found a good one

Back