IDI exhaust

'Powerstroke7.3

Hearing Impaired
Anyone ever chop the exaust on a non turbo 7.3. If so was it just so unbearable that you couldnt drive it.

Video??

Thanks
Daniel

yeah it sounds like a diesel at idle but it gets retarded at higher rpms it kinda has a popping sound to it and is very loud and very obnoxious.

I never thought it was a bad sound, Its gets the gasser pop if you get the revs up high, sounds kinda cool on downshifts.. If you have the exhaust out the rear its really no differnt that your stroke straight piped

I never thought it was a bad sound, Its gets the gasser pop if you get the revs up high, sounds kinda cool on downshifts.. If you have the exhaust out the rear its really no differnt that your stroke straight piped

I have a feeling that it would sound nothing like a straight piped PS. NON turbo was the operative word there. But Ill take roughnecks word for it. We were looking into straight piping my uncles E-350 1994 uhaul box truck. 7.3 IDI and JJeepyJohn said the same thing roughneck said. Big block with open headers basically. I just want to hear one for myself. If its just rediculous then we will probably just leave it alone. Basically we are just trying to get another mile to the gallon out of it.

I wasn't saying it sounds like a Straight Piped Stroke.. More like the noise level you hear in the cab on your Stroke, Is about the same as it will be on a IDI 7.3 exiting out the rear.. Noisy from out side or with the windows open.. I personally love the sound

Back