idm ?

greenthunder7.3

i was readin some old threads on idm mods in here. i've got a 96 with a bad idm and i have what i think to be a good superduty idm layin around. could i put the superduty idm in my obs? what are the factory volt's for each idm before they are moded. this is just a work truck so not lookin to throw alot of money at it just wonderin. thanks for any help.

jack up the raditator cap and back your 12valve under the hood of that thing already!

The idms from the two body styles have different part numbers, but from personal experience, the pinouts are the same and the are interchangeable.

i pulled one off a superduty today and put it in. it passed the solenoid test just fine and seemed to work good. i've got bigger problems now though. it is still missing so i was romping on it to get it warm to run the contribution test and it started sounding ugly like it was only running on one bank. started test and the truck died and has not restarted. electrical side still test fine. i'll have to tear into it tommrow and see what happened

Back