IH KB11 DT466 continues..

Its been a bit since I last updated.

I have taken the truck on a test run. it went really good. The S300 really has some go to it. The smoke issue still shows up right at start up, but will go away when hot, so one day in the future the engine will need a rebuild, but not for now.

I am having trouble with the 2spd working, even after full rebuild it will blow its fuse soon as I turn the key. Also have a wheel bearing out that will need addressed.

After the test run and some fixes, I also burned up the fuse panel, so I had to replace that, I got the fenders on, and the bumper. Also finished up most interior stuff.
I feel like I'm at the 90% mark on "completion".

I probably have put another couple hundred bucks in on bolts, wiring, small parts, etc. so Ill just go with $16,000 invested so far. Which is really surprising I have that much into it, considering it doesnt look like its a $16K truck. But whatever I guess.

Congrats on the first drive! I love seeing a project come together. It may not look like $16k to some, but anyone that understands automotive builds knows that money flows out very easily. I am digging the project and look forward to more updates!

Congrats on the first drive! I love seeing a project come together. It may not look like $16k to some, but anyone that understands automotive builds knows that money flows out very easily. I am digging the project and look forward to more updates!
Hey thank you, I appreciate the support!

Im hoping to have it to the 95% complete mark by a June 17, which is when our local town car show is, so the race is on a bit.

Back