I'm starting to hate dealerships

sdreese@duramax

green machine
While i was leaving for college the check valve blew in the p/s pump and that caused the seals to blow out on the hydro booster behind the master cylinder, and that was like 3,000 to fix. So when i got the truck back there was handprints on the front bumper and brake fluid all over the engine compartment, that pissed me off. Then the fuel injection pump was surging for a long time so i sent the truck back and i had them replace the pump. At this time i was at college, so i drove from cleveland to RI. When i got home i took the truck for a couple hours and when i was pulling in my driveway i smell coolant. So i opened the hood and the steel line that goes above the waterpump had marks on it like some one took a pair of pliers to it. So i made the dealership tow the truck and fix it, but yet i still had to pay for it. Anyway, ever since then when i'm coming to a stopping the truck the pedal pulsates like the abs or traction control is kicking in. So is this hurting the truck or what. reply back. thanks, REESE

Forrest Nearing said:
if you're out of warranty, there is NO reason to take your vehicle to a dealership!!!

Exactly
Thats why I do all my own repair work.

sdreese@duramax said:
While i was leaving for college the check valve blew in the p/s pump and that caused the seals to blow out on the hydro booster behind the master cylinder, and that was like 3,000 to fix. So when i got the truck back there was handprints on the front bumper and brake fluid all over the engine compartment, that pissed me off. Then the fuel injection pump was surging for a long time so i sent the truck back and i had them replace the pump. At this time i was at college, so i drove from cleveland to RI. When i got home i took the truck for a couple hours and when i was pulling in my driveway i smell coolant. So i opened the hood and the steel line that goes above the waterpump had marks on it like some one took a pair of pliers to it. So i made the dealership tow the truck and fix it, but yet i still had to pay for it. Anyway, ever since then when i'm coming to a stopping the truck the pedal pulsates like the abs or traction control is kicking in. So is this hurting the truck or what. reply back. thanks, REESE

hydro boost-$3000:doh: that shouldn't have been more than $1000
fuel surge was actually just the regulator, quite common on the older trucks, mines starting to surge alittle-regulator is $375
That coolant line was removed to access the fuel pump, so they should have covered that since they f-ed it up re-installing it, but you took it to another stealer.
You probably have air in the brake system from replacing the hydroboost, try bleeding it out.

I have an 02 duramax and my hydro boost starting leaking last week. Dealership wanting over $700 just for the part. So I went by my local napa and bought one for $120 and put it on in a little over an hour. works great now.

If anyone is looking for a dealer in MD, got to fox chevrolet in timonium md, ask for Tyler- the duramax god:bow:

wayne

hydro boost-$3000:doh: that shouldn't have been more than $1000
fuel surge was actually just the regulator, quite common on the older trucks, mines starting to surge alittle-regulator is $375
That coolant line was removed to access the fuel pump, so they should have covered that since they f-ed it up re-installing it, but you took it to another stealer.
You probably have air in the brake system from replacing the hydroboost, try bleeding it out.

I would hope less than 1000$!

I just picked up a hydroboost unit up from the junk yard for my beetle for 25 bucks. Master cylinder included!

ben

Back