Important gauges for a 97 psd 5spd

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
My girlfriend has a 97psd 5spd 4wd. It's completely stock. I heard through the grapevine that she has been wanting some gauges for it. So I was thinking about buying her a boost and egt gauge but I don't know what other gauge is important for this truck. What would be a good 3rd gauge? Thanks.

Those two are the main ones. You could do Fuel PSI, Clock, Drive Pressure PSI, Oil PSI.

dude.... you found a GF who drives a powerstroke AND a stick?!? how do you do it?

isspro makes one. a couple others do as well but cant remember who.
I am running a scan gauge in my third hole which reads High presssure oil ( ICP ) as well as about any other thing you'd want to look at. plus it will read codes, record, and do perfarmance tests (like 0-60 and 1/4 mile times)
http://www.terminatorengineering.com/scangauge/
gauges2.jpg

gauges.jpg

i love my scangauge!!!!!!!! it does everything!!! but i can't figure out how to record...

I've been haveing some record issues too. I thought it was just me:doh:
but everything else it awsome.
oh I forgot to mention you can have them add a program to it that will run a cylinder contribution test and injector buzz test :rockwoot:

I've been haveing some record issues too. I thought it was just me:doh:
but everything else it awsome.
oh I forgot to mention you can have them add a program to it that will run a cylinder contribution test and injector buzz test :rockwoot:

yup i have both of those, make sure your truck is warmed up before you do a cylinder contribution test or it won't work

Just to answer the original post, ISSPRO's EV² HPOP gauge which is a perfect match to a 97 Ford is an R16255, should be available from any of the ISSPRO dealers (though many are just now getting their initial shipments).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back