injector nozzles

bigtorque

does any one know about 7.3 injector nozzles........

im trying to figure out why they sell DIY larger nozzles for stock sticks, what would the gain be if any ?

80% over stock
100% over stock

80% 15-30 hp gain
100% 30-80 hp gain

it all depends on your tuning but at the end of the day your stock injectors are gona be emptyed

80% 15-30 hp gain
100% 30-80 hp gain

it all depends on your tuning but at the end of the day your stock injectors are gona be emptyed
On 100% nozzles, that 80 hp gain is going to be without any tuning whatsoever.

Throw tuning on a truck with bone stock injectors, and tuning on a truck with stock injectors and 100% nozzles, and there won't be that much of a difference in horsepower.

In the end, the stock injector only puts out a finite amount of fuel, no matter what nozzles you have. The difference is that on a stock injector, you empty it in 3.5ms, vs 2.5 or 2.0 ms with larger nozzles.

On 100% nozzles, that 80 hp gain is going to be without any tuning whatsoever.

Throw tuning on a truck with bone stock injectors, and tuning on a truck with stock injectors and 100% nozzles, and there won't be that much of a difference in horsepower.

In the end, the stock injector only puts out a finite amount of fuel, no matter what nozzles you have. The difference is that on a stock injector, you empty it in 3.5ms, vs 2.5 or 2.0 ms with larger nozzles.

exactly why i put 30-80 hp, very good info Pocket

thanks, good info indeed, and ive been doing some other reading and Rosewood diesel and DPP both claim 50hp on 80% nozzles alone with the propper tunning. is this just sales jargin?

i wouldnt waste the $$ on putting bigger nozzle on stock injectors imo.....

just go for a set of stage one's......

what do you use the truck for the majority of the time?

thanks haulin99, its a daily driver most of the time ON PMR's
-tow 5er, GCVW 21000 lbs. 4 or 5 times per year
- PMR's/ big sticks are not in my future unless it blows up first.
-IMO, no reason to buy/rebuild a full set of sticks on PMR's , stage 1s would work, but not worth the $ for so little gain, and anything over that is just throwing away $$ since i wouldnt be able to use them to their full potential.

-at this point, im just gathering ingo, as I have 89K miles on my stock injectors. im figuring i have quite a while before they need rebuilt, so reading this statement from Rosewood Diesel got me thinking. Quote; AB/AD Split Shot injectors retain stock flow, nozzles flow 80% over stock. With correct supporting mods, these are capable of around 350 - 375 hp

i wouldnt waste the $$ on putting bigger nozzle on stock injectors imo.....

just go for a set of stage one's......

what do you use the truck for the majority of the time?

Stage I's amount to nothing more than bigger nozzles. :doh:

Stage I's amount to nothing more than bigger nozzles. :doh:

Which stage 1 is just a bigger nozzle?

Jims AD Stage 1? Yes, just a nozzle.

Most single shot Stage 1's still have a stock nozzle, but flow 160CC.

I'm sure you already knew that though.

I think that's what he's gettin at. A single shot stage 1 would be a much better choice than a nozzle on an AD.

Yeah, first thing most people ditch, so they're easy to forget about.

Back