injector question

cumminsdiesel_2

has anybody ever heard of a bad injector blowing out a head gasket on a arp 625 studed 5.9l common rail

Has the head ever been off of it before?

If so, was it decked?

Anything else we need to know?

-What are they torqued to?
-Did you cycle them like the instuctions say?
-Did you do any type of a re-torque (cold or warm) after an initial run or drive without beating on it?
-Was the block checked for flatness?

the engine is built up and has head work do to it we re torque the studs after one heat cycle they are torque to 150 ft/lbs so it was checked for flatness

Hmmm.

I'm not sure what to say then if all the bases were covered...

80 psi is not too much, I've heard of way more without blowing...

Only thing I can say is give it another shot...Do all the same that you did before to insure a good seal...If you have another issue the same way and in the same area, you may want to double check the head and block decks...

I sure hope it was just a fluke thing for ya, cause I know what a PITA it is to work on these things all the time!!

Good luck man!!

thanks for your help, i just wonder if i should have re torque the studs atleast one more time

Ive got the same mls HG and 625's.....I only did one re-torque after one heat cycle, but it was a warm torque....

But my fueling is less than yours (Flux 3.8's - 190's) and my boost rarely goes over 65-70.....I'm decompressed a bit...

Maybe just try a warm torque after a couple of good 150 ft. lb. cold torques...

Good luck

big swole have you ever heard of detination in a diesel caused buy a bad injector

Well, describe what your talking about a bit better....

Are you talking about the "Rattle" or "Clattering" sound at Low Boost / Low rpm situations? My truck has always had it....annoying as Hell!!

Some trucks have it and some don't....Weird....
But never cause any HG issues with my truck or others that I know of...

My injectors have been tested so many times as "good" that it isn't ness. an injector problem..

Is this what your referring too?

someone was saying that if you have a bad injector you can fill the cylinder with fuel and before the fuel burns off it fills it agian and thats what causes the head gasket to go

Back