Injectors sticking?!?!?

6.0stroker250

I own a 05 6.0! i had it checked out last winter cause it had a slight shutter to it when it was cold....they said my injectors stick when the motors cold.....but now the really stick i usually let it warm up to operating temp and its fine but when its still a little cold it sounds like its missing and the shutter is even worse????

Is it time for new injectors?!?!?!?

What weight of oil? Try Valvoline extreme blue 5w 40. It helped my truck in the colder temps.

Changing it every 5000 before winter i used Schaffers half synthetic mix helped a lil but but the shutter is still there!
I have read up on that rev-x and am most likley gana give that a shot

I had on 06 6.0 and the dealership swapped out 7 of my injectors for this same reason. Might be your best bet.

yea later on down the road once i get outa wyotech for diesel mechanics and start making money ill get aftermarket injectors!!!

Local shop is getting a rash on 6.0's with sticking injectors...Rev-X has been key for solving problems in most of them, as long as they aren't too gummed up from sticking too long.

If you wait too long, then new injectors are likely.

My dads 04 was having issues with sticking injectors a while back. His egr cooler eventually let go as all of them do and we just decided to do the whole enchilada and stud it, delete it etc. I put new o-rings on the injectors when I put the engine back together and took a scotchbrite pad to the tips, put in the updated oil feed tubes with the new pressure regulators, and when it fired it was hitting on all 8 immediately. I'm not sure if it was a result of injector o-rings or the updated oil feed tube and pressure regulator or what but something worked. I've had that be the case with a couple trucks now. I'm not sure whether it's the injectors that are the problem or if dealerships are using that as an excuse to make out with ford's dollar. Could be wrong but just my thoughts.

Back