injectors

duramjames

I am getting 15-18 mpg and I read some were that bosch 275rv or the bosch300 marine injectors would give me about 40 more hp and improvemy mpg. Can any body give me some advice. I would like to get the truck up to 20 mpg. Thanks I have the big line and a pusher pump I run about 14-15 lbs of pressure so that should not be a problem

275's and the 300's are the same thing. there is lots of poeple with those injectors and they really like them. they give a nice boost of power with out getting to hot for a fatcory set up or somthing close. as for the mileage boost they will give you some but all pickups are different but most see one to two mpg. i am sure some one else will give thier $.02

merry christmas

I have them in my truck with a drag comp. Does quite well power wise but with 4:10 gears my mileage sucks.

I had the RV275's on my '00 with a Edge Comp and power was smooth and the increase in power was noticeable. I can not help you in the mileage deptartment but I've heard of a slight increase.

I picked up 60HP over stock and about a MPG when I put a set in the goat. These seemed to be "magic" 275's though, average power gain is about 35-40HP for a SO motor, few more ponies for the HO.

To really help your mileage I'd recommend some 2-stroke oil and a good cleaning of the fuel system with either BioDiesel or a heavy dose of fuel additive.

don't mean to hijack, but do you have to make modifications to stock 24v injector bodies when changing the tips, such as edge jammers??? my buddy wants to know, hes got an 01 with edge w/a, in and out pipes and a hybrid 60mm wheel.
Joe

O I C i was reading on the injector database post and some one mentioned that work needed to be done to the bodies, but ok,sounds good
thanks
joe

turbojoe said:
O I C i was reading on the injector database post and some one mentioned that work needed to be done to the bodies, but ok,sounds good
thanks
joe

besides gettinem pop tested, that the most important thing

Yes the smoke in my avatar is from the 275s and drag comp but that was before this new ulsd fuel. The new fuel with its low sulfer content cleans it up a little. Throw some veggie oil or two stroke oil in and it smokes good.

turbojoe said:
thanks
joe

You get into injector body work with 150+HP ratings on the injectors so the jammers won't be an issue. I would reccomend your buddy spending money elsewhere for larger injectors though, from what I've read on them they tend to be a bit smokey and a bit hot running. Give Scott at Mass Diesel a call for a good "value priced" injector.

Back