injectors

24valve

would 200hp injectors and a 64mm turbo be to much to run as a daily driver itl be on an 01 S.0 5 speed

I drive that setup and it seems to work pretty good. It has a slight haze about 60% of the time... in 20 degree weather:bang

A friend of mine runs mach 6's and a 64-14 on the street it's not to bad. But when hu pulls it's over 2100 deg. A little toasty

so could i put say a 66mm turbo on to cool it down and still have decent street manners

Ive never ran one but I think based on my 64 a 66 would be to laggy. Or atleast for the driving I do. Empty a 64 should cool 200's pretty decent. If you plan to pull with this size injector I would suggest twins. I couldn't imagine the amount of smoke behind me if I towed anything heavy.

so what would be the best injector to run with a 64 i jus dont want to buy to small and wish i would of got bigger ones

i would say 150 hp inj with a 62 or 64 and a good box or two.

I run a 66 turbo with 220's and it drives good. ive just switched back to 150's and my 66. the lag doesnt really bother me because it was my first turbo so ive never really tried any other. plus im pretty well at sea level also.

where r u located at and what tranny.

ive noticed that when i was running the 220's i needed to change my oil a little more often.

When i started out i was wanting the most power i could get and it was great power but with everything on it was overfuling the turbo and did have some more lag than i wanted.

If i had it to do over i would go with what i mentioned above cause when your out on the road its all about the spool up and quick short runs usually. Very rarely long runs, depending on where you live. Now if you wanting to go to the track get the 66 and 220's

Just my .000002 cents

Jeremie

i have a 5 speed manual and i live in northern virginia, the truck is goin to be my dd, and im goin to also have to drive it to and from college about 200 miles, jus all the other kids in this town have 90 to 150 hp injectors, i jus want to out do them, the all have bd inectors, ive herd people say that if you go with F1 or ddp you will get better performance out of the same size injectors, is this true

Don't know if its true but the majority would choose ddp or F1 when they are looking for higher hp.

24valve said:
i have a 5 speed manual and i live in northern virginia, the truck is goin to be my dd, and im goin to also have to drive it to and from college about 200 miles, jus all the other kids in this town have 90 to 150 hp injectors, i jus want to out do them, the all have bd inectors, ive herd people say that if you go with F1 or ddp you will get better performance out of the same size injectors, is this true

How far you from MD, i've man my Mach 7's 240hp stick with B-1 Steroid, Pro Street 66 and a 64/13ss and daily drove it alot, as long as you dont plan on towing anything you can run a big injector, their clean sticks. I actually think my truck ran the best with the B-1 Steroid 62/16. I think it cooled well for daily driving with the smaller wheel.

Brett

i am about 70 miles south of D.C I rarely do any towing if i do its only about 10 or 15 miles

I would be leary of driving those big an injector too long. I wouldn't let it idle long if at all and would be changing my oil alot!!! The 64 will support that amount of fuel but IMO I would use a larger one even if it was laggy just for the shear air displacement alone...

Back