Intake/exhaust?

12v kid

Speed comes at a price...
Well I will be going into a new service truck for work. Its a 2003 psd 6.0L auto trans with PTO on it. Truck weights about 17,000 loaded with tools, welder, air comp ect... My question is would a better air intake and 4" down pipe be worth it? Ive tried the search button the last couple nights but havent found much info. Im going to get a coolant filter kit and put on it, is this a smart move? Thanks for any help guys :rockwoot:

Intake is perfectly fine at stock levels, An exhaust would be ok, but I would suggest getting a tow tune, gauges, and a coolant filter along with an exhaust

Ok, I hate the air filter set up on the 6.0. last I knew we cant tune the truck due to the factory ford PTO set up on it. I will be putting EGT, boost, trans temp, and fuel pressure gauges in it with time. The exhaust im just going to get a down pipe and put a stack on because the exhaust right now dumps right under the crane and it fumes you out. So what size down pipe? I've found 3.5" and 4" whats going to be better for the truck it weights 17,000 so I dont want to lose any bottom end. :thankyou2:

Coolant filter, egr delete and new oil cooler if it was never replaced.

Well I would like to do those things but the boss dosent want to spend that much all at once. What brand egr delete, oil cooler do you guys recomend or have had the best luck with?

Sinister is ok, oem intercooler... I'm not sure you can't tune with a pto on it, I can ask the boss... The down pipe---Either is fine... The intake I would go with a dry flow filter and get a filter sock for it

Ok thanks for all the fast replys :bow: What kind of coolant is everybody running? The truck has allways had motorcraft gold in it, or is the red ELC the better route?

I run the blue stuff its much cheaper and fairly readily available

Never seen blue stuff is it a ford coolant? I know most all new semis run the red ELC coolant. I did see in a 2012 freightliner with a cummins in it it had purple coolant. We change the coolant evey year in the truck as well.

:Cheer:When I pick it up fleetpride refers to it as Cummins Blue ELC

We get ours from a kenworth dealer we get alot better prices than fleetpride, and fleetpride in my area has gone down hill IMO since they bought out southwest brake.

Back