Interesting fuel line routing?....

whitneyj

still in pieces
I pulled the back half of my CCSB apart to start a halfassed restoration and when I dropped the fuel tank I noticed I only had 1 fuel line hooked up. This line I know feeds the lift pump, from the lift pump down to a remote fuel filter on the frame, and from there to the IP (dual feed not that it matters). I thought I had a standard OFV for the return with some sort of a pushlock fitting, but with no return back to tank I'm not sure how this is plumbed up. I'll have to verify how my return is plumbed when I'm able to get under the hood again, but the only way I can see this working is a check valve and regulator (or OFV) in the return line feeding back into the lift pump. Has anyone seen this? Is this not possible? Have I just not searched the googlemachine and interwebz enough and it's been covered a million times and I'm a stoopid newb yada yada?

I'll try and get some pictures and actual routing info during my lunch if I can get access with a camera.... tight down derrrr.

It either is returning into the factory return line to the sending unit or into the fuel fuller neck which would be obvious.

It's not returning to the tank at all. There is only a single line at the sender going to the engine and no sump or drawstraws hooked up. The tank is on the ground so I'm not missing anything. Single line to the engine, that's it. I promise otherwise I wouldn't be asking this.

The good news is I figured out the issue, that bad news is I need to make a new return line.....

Everything was routed correctly and I'm an idiot.

Back