Introduction

jimbo486

I suppose I can introduce myself as well. My name is Jim as most of you can probably figure out from my handle. I signed up here a while back and mostly just browsed. I started becoming more active recently and contributing in some threads and will continue to provide the info and advice that I can based on the knowledge that I have.

My build has been spread out over about 4 years now. I acquired the truck from my grandfather in 2007 as a Christmas present. He was the original owner of the truck and had put quite a few miles on it. In 2001, the ol' 5-speed Getrag finally gave up and in its place went a new NV5600 with all the complementing parts for the install. I, unfortunately, wasn't able to be around for the install of it. The only thing I knew about the truck at the time was that it had a Cummins, a 6-speed manual trans and that I finally had a vehicle of my own to wrench and tweak on since I had just about completed my Diesel Technology classes I was enrolled in just prior.

It holds a little sentimental value to me as I used to sit in the middle when I was young and shift when grandpa told me to. I had driven the truck around his backyard many times but only in a low gear just moving from one area to another. Upon getting my driving permit, grandpa started letting me drive on the street. I don't think I've ever received a better Christmas present than this! It looks like hell but runs like a bat from there now that I've gotten my hands dirty with it.

It has come a long way since day 1. Here's a picture from when I first got it and a picture of it now.

Did some parts swapping along the way with my other truck, 1991.5 D350

Here's where it's at right now. Current info is in my sig.

Blow that picture in the lower, left corner up. I can't see what you've done there. :D

I guess I didn't code the image tags correctly but the forum isn't liking the linked thumbnail tag for some reason. Here they are again.

100_6633.jpg
CIMG5003.jpg

100_7813.jpg
100_7956.jpg

100_8391.jpg
100_7953.jpg

Back