is it to much

darmaley94

Hey everybody i just recently turn my ip up on my stock 7.3 idi. We turned it about 3 to 3.5 flats. Is that to much?

No i dont. I should be gettin one tomorrow. I would post a video we took but i cant figure out how to post one cause im on my droid.

Video of what? Upload to photobucket or YouTube and copy / paste link here...

Are you turbo or NA? Do u know best spot for pyro?

Would it be ok to pull a 7500 lb trailer with it tomorrow? Cause where im gettin the pyrometer im also gettin a tractor

The reason you need the pyro is to keep the pistons from getting too hot....1200 ish is that red zone...so getting the probe as close to that as you can will be most accurate...a lot of people install them at the back of the drivers side exhaust manifold

Would it be ok to pull a 7500 lb trailer with it tomorrow? Cause where im gettin the pyrometer im also gettin a tractor

What's the terrain like? When u get to see the EGTs you'll be surprised how fast it can climb....I'm up 5flats on my NA and just going up a grade unloaded I can hit 1000-1100 easy....knew I shoulda kept my turbo on lol

Well tomorrow i wont be pullin many hills til i get the pyro. But some hills around here can get kinda steep. One of my buddies dads told me it was fine. But if the temp guage for the motor starts to climb to back out of it. Hes the one givin me the pyro cause im so worried about it. His is turn 8 flats. I just dont want to tear mine up.

Those factory gauges are more of a dummy light then actuall numbers... At 1100 rpm my coolant temp is like 210 max which doesn't even move the factory gauge from middle location...will u be fine yes probably but safe insurance to have legit gauges.

8 flats on NA ip :bang must be able to do wheelies

Lol kidding

Back