Is this bad?

If thats just a tune on a completely stock motor, then yeah its not the greatest. But 7.3's love to idle goofy, with big fuel, big oil, and big tunes. Whats your mods?

As I know of a ts, adrenaline hpop, and that's all I know of. It didn't start doing it until I put the ts on it

Wow that lope is surprizing with canned tunes. Well I think for just idling for a few its ok but dont be constantly on tha tune. Im guessing its just one tune that it lopes like that on right?

It could be sign of a failing lift pump. Does it go away after it gets warm? My father's '97 did that (a little less extreme) as it's lift pump was taking a dump

It only does it on start up. If you hold your foot on the throttle for a second it will stop or if you rev it, it will stop

Sounds like a failing lift pump, but don't take my word for it LOL Get a gauge on it to check fuel pressure

If the lift pump is bad, what's the best aftermarket one without spending a **** ton of money?

A used Super Duty one can be found cheap, but switching to electric isn't exactly cheap. A direct replacement will be cheapest, but the performance isn't amazing with a stock lift pump

Yeah I looked at a couple of switch over to electric kits and theyre at least a grand

Yeah I looked at that one. Is it a good investment anyways even if my stock pump isn't bad?

Or it could be a failing HPOP. Check fuel pressure at the shrader valve on the FPR on the fuel bowl and then check your ICP pressure and duty cycle. You can get a brand new OBS fuel pump for right around $100 easily.

Do you think an aftermarket hpop would fail that quick? I mean I don't know how long it's been on there but it can't be that old

Back