isuzu pup help

Mr.T

DPF's are gay
im having some issues with this little truck of mine, its not getting fuel to the injection pump for some reason, so my question is this, do they have an in-tank lift pump? or does the IP do double duty? its a long shot trying to get an answer on here, but im hopin somebody knows

As far as I know, they use the injector pump to pull fuel the whole way.

thats kinda what i was thinking, but thats a freaken long distance to pull fuel

LOTS of places to git little air leaks and lose prime!

A HORRIBLE B!TCH to bleed. Just put a lift pump on. Solves alot of problems.

i was thinkin of doing that, but what makes no sense to me is that it ran fine one day and wouldn't start the next day, and from what i can tell the shutoff solenoid is functioning fine, it looks almost like a little VE pump

Checked the fuel filter? Start with the basics and go up from there. One thing that can help is a section of clear hose on either the return line from the pump or the last section of inlet to the pump. With the truck running you can look and see if you are getting air in the system, knowing if it is or is not gettin air in is half the battle.

well from what i've gathered over the vast expanse of the internets is that the injection pump pulls the fuel from the tank through the filter, so im just gonna run all new fuel lines and stuff just to eliminate that as a cause, but before i do that, im gonna pull off the feed line and see if it will pull diesel out of a pop bottle or something to make sure its not the IP thats causing the problem. also, is there a way to check and make sure that the fuel shutoff solenoid is functioning? im getting 12 volts to the plug and i can hear it click, so does that mean its working?

well from what i've gathered over the vast expanse of the internets is that the injection pump pulls the fuel from the tank through the filter, so im just gonna run all new fuel lines and stuff just to eliminate that as a cause, but before i do that, im gonna pull off the feed line and see if it will pull diesel out of a pop bottle or something to make sure its not the IP thats causing the problem. also, is there a way to check and make sure that the fuel shutoff solenoid is functioning? im getting 12 volts to the plug and i can hear it click, so does that mean its working?

The "click" is the plunger being pulled up. Yes. It should be working then if it clicks.

Back