ISX Cams

Texashighways

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Just wanted to let the Comp D world know that we are about to release our new ISX cams. We have an improved design on both the injector cam and the cam that operates the valves. Look for full test data and pricing in the next month. With everybody seeing wear issues on the OEM cams, why go back with a stock cam with the same issues or a regrind that will wear even sooner?

Our cams will Be much like our 178-208 B series cam in cutting down in cylinder EGR as well as having the largest base circle possible and ever fatter nose radii. As with any of our new lines, we do things unlike other companies. Instead of wasting 50k on print media advertising, we will give you the consumer a break on introductory pricing. I believe once you see the value added by our cams in additional longevity and MPG, word of mouth will move it forward.

Also, new War Heads should be in soon... If you want an edge over the competition for the end of the season events, email me on how to get on the list to be the first to get one.... (zacheryhamilton@yahoo.com)Pat Nye and myself changed this new design enough that our old heads will be doorstops or anchors.... ;) We are talking about toning back our old design head a bit by dropping our port volume on the intake to be happier and come on sooner for street applications. If not we have a lot of tooling going to the scrap yard. Performance street head in the 190CFM range interest you?

For cams, our new roller 54mm cams will be in stock in the next three weeks. Our new 55mm lineup of flat tappet cams for drag racing, 2.5",2.6" and 3.0" Will be released shortly with our new steel tappets. These combined with the warhead, will be the new tip top.....

And as always, thank you for hiring us to do what we love, we are honored to serve most of you in the diesel industry :)

Zach

Last edited:
Sounds great that you are stepping into the heavy engine market, have you thought of maybe doing anything for the electronic caterpillars?

We have been a two man band for the last 8 years or so. That means I am president/CEO, marketing director, engineering head and lead custodian. Just not a lot of time for new products. We just added a new guy to help with shipping, calls and tracking info. which means I might eat less crap sandwiches and have the time to get into CAT, Detroit and International. If the ISX hits its stride we will keep marching south, if not we might just go fishing............ I have three CAT cams right now. What model are you interested in?

Last edited:
Also, once our CAD work is done on the warhead, it would be easy to convert the CAD files to run files for chunks of Aluminum. Any interest in billet Aluminum heads with no coolant?

Would be an upgrade over the cat 1000hp electronic cam, part number 332-3700.

And for the 3406 B/C model engines an upgrade on 8N-9245 or 4W-2430.

I will spread the word to some people on the isx cam, plenty of people that would upgrade when replacing the stock cams to have soemthing that is better quality to get some longevity out of.

Also, once our CAD work is done on the warhead, it would be easy to convert the CAD files to run files for chunks of Aluminum. Any interest in billet Aluminum heads with no coolant?

Maybe a little, however a iron head that has water and doesn't crack between all the valves would be a nice upgrade from what's available now. I don't think you could make one out of cardboard and it be any worse than what the OEM's are pumping out. Cats are warped new and if cummins made the head any thinner around the injector on an ISX you could read through it. Seeing a head without cracks is like seeing a unicorn.

looking at a high swirl 6bt head. Will know shortly if the casting company will work with us to convert old tooling.

Last edited:
Maybe a little, however a iron head that has water and doesn't crack between all the valves would be a nice upgrade from what's available now. I don't think you could make one out of cardboard and it be any worse than what the OEM's are pumping out. Cats are warped new and if cummins made the head any thinner around the injector on an ISX you could read through it. Seeing a head without cracks is like seeing a unicorn.

Aint that the truth!

Good lord Cat has dropped the ball a lot for us lately. There was the liner cracking debacle too. Wonder if it has anything to do with recycling the same already recycled parts over and over and over?

Aint that the truth!

Good lord Cat has dropped the ball a lot for us lately. There was the liner cracking debacle too. Wonder if it has anything to do with recycling the same already recycled parts over and over and over?

Na can't be.....they don't reman liners.....or pistons.......but Cat warranty guy couldn't explain why they want them back. Lol

What liner cracking issue? Haha ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426079693.170588.jpg

Aint that the truth!

We run in to that with n14 heads you can only run so many billions of miles before a head just isn't right anymore.

Typically they want parts back to analyze the failure. Not a bad idea. With that said I would be interested in a street head

Na can't be.....they don't reman liners.....or pistons.......but Cat warranty guy couldn't explain why they want them back. Lol

What liner cracking issue? Haha View attachment 56299

THANK YOU!

Our CAT reman center wanted all of the old beat to hell liners and pistons when we had our engines rebuilt with the platinum kits they had. Really....you need liners and pistons as a core for a reman kit with BRAND NEW components? Interesting.

Odd that Interstate Mcbee had liner issues all around the same time isn't it? LOL

Sorry to muddle up your thread Zach! Us heavy duty guys tend to get a burr up our azz and need to vent from time to time. 20k+ on an engine and the parts are junk. If you come up with some aftermarket solutions then the right customer is out there.

The thing is that only one part in that cylinder pack has a reman number by itself, and that is the rod which is $188, the core charge on a cylinder pack is $258, guess that extra charge is for nothing.

Too bad when you buy a reman pack the aluminum skirts look like they had a toddler clean them up with scotch bright.

Back