Ladder Bars & Torque Arms - Senior Project

CGardner

In 2 weeks my senior project (for bachelor's in engineering) will start and I am wanting to build either ladder bars or torque arms (traction bars). So, I was hoping to get some ideas from you sled pullers. What are some of your opinions regarding which setup is better for sled pulling, why/what is the theory (instant center, etc.) behind it?

Whatever I decide to build I will have to explain all of the mechanics (statics/dynamics/physics) behind the design such as bar lengths, why I chose specific materials, forces applied to the bars under certain loads and how they achieve what I want them to, and etc.

Can't wait to hear ideas!!!

6.0 Powerstroke Sled Pull Convoy, OH 2012 - YouTube

Last edited:
I want to say there is a thread with a couple pictures in the sledpulling section.

I want to say there is a thread with a couple pictures in the sledpulling section.

I have seen the sticky for ladder bars, although I am wanting to hear ideas between ladders and traction bars and the theories behind them (lengths, angles, the forces they apply (up or foward etc.) and which is supposedly better for sled pulling. Thanks!

In 2 weeks my senior project (for bachelor's in engineering) will start and I am wanting to build either ladder bars or torque arms (traction bars). So, I was hoping to get some ideas from you sled pullers. What are some of your opinions regarding which setup is better for sled pulling, why/what is the theory (instant center, etc.) behind it?

Whatever I decide to build I will have to explain all of the mechanics (statics/dynamics/physics) behind the design such as bar lengths, why I chose specific materials, forces applied to the bars under certain loads and how they achieve what I want them to, and etc.

Can't wait to hear ideas!!!

6.0 Powerstroke Sled Pull Convoy, OH 2012 - YouTube

Where are you from? i see you got spring from braun? i grew up in van wert.
Also watching to see the engineering side of this

Man called that. Who is this. I don't remember seeing your truck last year

Back