Land and Sea Dyno question

Double J

I'll be putting the truck on the dyno for the first time ever tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has used this particular dyno.

http://www.land-and-sea.com/chassis-dyno/chassis-dyno.htm

I know the popular names here have been Dynojet and the Mustang dyno, so I wonder how it will compare for accuracy. This is a new faclilty built specifically for dynoing and I will be the second diesel on it. The owner put his 06 auto on it and only laid down 214hp, not sure of the tq numbers. This seems really low for a 325hp at the crank truck, so I'm prepared to see low numbers. That don't bother to much because my goal is to compare the Drag Comp and the Adrenaline back to back, with and without nitrous.

I have seen 325 trucks go from 215 to 285 on a dynojet... some just run better than others. That dyno looks kinda like a mustang.

Ive dyno'd on a L&S dyno. they are nice dynos. Initially, the dyno we used was not a loading dyno. Later on, he bought the loading apparatus from L&S so we could load the trucks enough to get them to spool completley.

they have a setup that you can use your tach and set it with the dyno, and get TQ numbers. beware though, this is only as accurate as your eye and tach, not a very accurate tq number....it can be fudged.

FWIW, I made 546 and 1188 on the land and sea I used. We had hp ranges anywhere from 636 down to 200 or so, and they all seemed fairly close to what they should be. One d-max that has dyno'd at 771 before on spray only dyno'd at 551 here though, but it the tech 2 also wasnt keeping it in gear...

--Jeff

Ive only seen there engine dyno's. The guy I know who has it loves it, and may be getting a chassie dyno from L&S next.

Back