LB7 cracked a piston

LReiff

The Antistock
Only #7 cracked. Anyone else seen this? Injectors were new approx 50k miles ago.

attachment.php

Attachments

• LB7 piston.jpg
    LB7 piston.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've seen stock tuned trucks (LB7/LLY/LBZ) crack pistons when towing heavy for long periods. Hotshot guys mostly.

This motor ran leaking (high return rate) injectors for over a year before I had them warrantied. Following new injectors and head gasket replacement the timing was a on the high side. Is it typical that only one piston cracks?

I seen a couple like that on stock trucks after a nozzle went went limp. Big time advance.

A couple of our own trucks have had the same injector issue but didn't pop pistons.

This motor ran leaking (high return rate) injectors for over a year before I had them warrantied. Following new injectors and head gasket replacement the timing was a on the high side. Is it typical that only one piston cracks?

Usually one goes first, but if inspected you will most likely find others that are on there way. Unless there was one injector that caused the issue with that one hole. I'd replace them all if it was my truck.

Back