Lb7 Duramax Cp3 on 04.5?

boothet

I've got a stock Lb7 Cp3 laying around and was curious if I would need to modify it to be able to fit on my 04.5 in place of my existing Cp3 or could I run it in a dual pump setup?

Can definitely run it in a dual setup, may need a dodge fca in it. Pretty common to run a duramax cp3 on the belt in a dual pump kit.
Pretty sure if you swap it as a single youll have to change feed, return, and the hp line and by then i dont think its worth it. Is the existing cp3 weak or what? The duramax pumps do flow more is that what you're going for?

Okay, no my pump isn't weak but Ive just got a good Cp3 off my old lb7 just laying around. So I thought what the heck and throw in on. I was just curious if it would be worth it or not.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Empty, the flow is exactly the same on CP3 D-Cummins,D-Max and CP4.....OEM.

Thats good to know thanks for correcting me. Ive always heard/read that the duramax pump flows more cause it was more efficient. Something along the lines of the duramax flowing 200lpm vs the cummins doing 180. Are you saying the duramax cp4 will flow the same as a stock cp3? On my lml i picked up quite a bit of power swapping from cp4 to cp3 with no other changes at that time other than tuning update for cp3.

Yep, they are the same, My guess your tuning and Mapping of the FCA added the Power.

Back