lb7 egr code

banshe350

my truck is throwing the glow plug relay code so my check engine light is alwas on...but last night i put my scanner on the truck to clear it and a new code came up. something about my egr i will get the exact code later. turns out i was lucky enough to get one of these with all the emissions crap.
question is what do i do to eliminate the problem? I know the basic idea that you want to put a blocker plate in but what else do i do and how to i get the code out of my truck for good? ive also read that messing with egr on lb7 gives bad mileage and a loss in power? please inform me, this thing is alot diffrent then the ol 12valve i had before it

You can build a blocker plate for it and then get a EFILIVE tune or buy EFILIVE and get rid of the EGR from the programming. I've never heard of removing the EGR drops milage though, normally leaving it in drops it.

If you have the egr you do not have a LB7 you have a LLY. As far as the code, without knowing the number it will be hard to tell but I am pretty sure you have a blocked/bad egr valve. I would get a EGR delete and be done with it for good. You will also need a tuner like efi live to turb your check engine light off. You will not lose mileage/power by deleting the EGR, you will probably actually pick a little up.

If you have the egr you do not have a LB7 you have a LLY. As far as the code, without knowing the number it will be hard to tell but I am pretty sure you have a blocked/bad egr valve. I would get a EGR delete and be done with it for good. You will also need a tuner like efi live to turb your check engine light off. You will not lose mileage/power by deleting the EGR, you will probably actually pick a little up.

Some LB7's had egrs. The California trucks had em, there is a diesel power with a duramax driveway rebuild thing in it and it shows a LB7 with a egr in it.

Some LB7's had egrs. The California trucks had em, there is a diesel power with a duramax driveway rebuild thing in it and it shows a LB7 with a egr in it.

Ok did the research and was hard to find but I did find some info on the egr. They had a vaccum pump that was used to open the valve. I would be interested to see one in person. I did have a 12 valve dodge in the shop one time that had egr so I guess they are all out there.

Never seen a 12v with one what a waste lol.... The first I ever heard of a LB7 with one was a buddy of mine was workin at a shop and had a 02 come in with a egr on it. At first I thought he was full of it untill I seen the diesel power come out.

thanks for the info im just going to either buy or build a blocker plate and be done with it...i know nothing about the egr system...or even the duramax motor yet for that matter. a completly diffrent animal than the 12v cummins i had prior to this.

Back