LBZ into an LMM

deerefanatic

Always learnin...
Ok, getting ready finally to get the yard ornament out of my lot here soon. I have a truck sitting here, 07.5 LMM, that the customer blew the engine up. (don't ask.... It was dumb).. He was going to go the built engine route, but decided he couldn't swing it.... So I now have a low-miles LBZ sitting on my shop floor....

The truck has a PPE Xcelerator Race tuner currently (trying to get him to get it EFI tuned) so no emissions. As far as I can tell, just swap over his injectors, lines, intake, wiring, and turbo to this thing and then cram it in the truck right? He decided to upgrade injector nozzles too, so I've got a set of Industrial Injection 20% LMM Nozzles sitting here. Anything else I need to be aware of? I'm also going to throw the head studs from his old motor in this new one... Try to keep the headgasket in there. :D

If he's installing larger injectors he will need to switch to EFI. The PPE may work with them since there only 20% over but I wouldn't do it.

Larger injection dont work out for a large amount of time.Eventually they fail. Source: experience.

Back