Lift kits

89cumminstd

I'm thinking about doing a 2.5" lift soon to smooth up the ride a little and to give my truck a little more aggressive stance. Has anyone here done this? I'm looking at the skyjackers as they seem to be the most reputable and I hear they smooth the ride out some which IMO is
Much needed on these 4x4s. but let me know what you guys have and pics would be appreciated. I'm also thinking about a 4" lift with 35s.

What's your budget, and how much fab work are you willing/capable of doing?

There's nothing better you can do for the rear of these trucks than to do a 63" chevy style leaf swap. It requires fabricating a shackle and one mount on each side, and some drilling. The ride is night and day better than any "bolt on" spring you're going to buy.

What's your budget, and how much fab work are you willing/capable of doing?

There's nothing better you can do for the rear of these trucks than to do a 63" chevy style leaf swap. It requires fabricating a shackle and one mount on each side, and some drilling. The ride is night and day better than any "bolt on" spring you're going to buy.

I'm not the best fabricator but I'm learning as I go. Are u talking about rear springs or front also?

I'm not the best fabricator but I'm learning as I go. Are u talking about rear springs or front also?

The 63" swap is for the rear. A general idea of what I'm talking about is here: http://www.offroadexchange.com/projects/how_to_build_the_monster_rear_su.htm

For the fronts, I don't have a super good answer. The parabolic springs were all the rage a few years ago, but then reviews subsequently haven't been good. Alcan springs are an upgrade, but I'm not convinced they're the best upgrade. Are you familiar with Jungle's shackles, hangers, etc? He's on RCC alot. They are a great heavy duty and greaseable upgrade. A spring pack with many thin leaves is what you want...meaning like 7-9 leaves 1/4" thick, tapered on the ends, or with sliders, etc. The packs that have 5/16" or 3/8" leaves just aren't going to ride very well, no matter what "brand" they are.

Springs

Yes I'm on rcc as well, I bought jungles upgraded front leaf spring mount. But I didn't get the lift shackles for that because I wanted stock height at the time, and I wanted to do something that didn't utilize the stock front springs. My original mounting holes were completely ovaled due to the roads around here and the rough ride of the stock springs. He makes very good stuff. I've always been thrown off by how you do the upgrades like the rear 63" leafs and still get the truck to sit level. That's my biggest concern right now just getting the truck to sit correctly afterwards. I had an 85 gmc 3/4 ton with the 63" skyjacker lift springs and your right the ride quality is night and day between those and the first gens.

Back