lift pump question

jallan

Smoke show
Keep this in mind while I brain storm, I want to get a new lift pump for my 08.

My 04 has a Fass 150 lift pump with no filters on it just the pump with a draw straw and it is plumbed to the factory filter housing. I want to get the most power out of this ol truck is the factory filter set up restricting any hp from me? Should I bypass this and plumb straight to the cp3. If that is the case should I get a Fass 220 with filters and plumb straight to the cp3. Or keep the Fass 150 and get a good inline (if so what are some good ones) and what about the Fuel heater in the factory filter housing.

If a new pump is recomended on the 04 then I could take the Fass 150 and put on my 08 add a draw straw and plumb it to the Factory filter housing. (the pump is 7yrs old when I bought the pump it had a life time warenty but now they have done away with that I am not sure age maters with these or not)? Also I am thinking I may want to do away with the factory filter and plumb straight to the cp3 and get a pump with the filters on it like a Fass 150 and add a draw straw and add the fuel heater to the pump they offer for fuel gel.

Kind of a lot of ranting there but I was just throwing out some options there that I have and mabey some one could show me the light!!:doh:

Thanks,

Justin

I may go that route is there any cons if I do not use the factory fuel filter and bypass it totaly on my 04?

I may go that route is there any cons if I do not use the factory fuel filter and bypass it totaly on my 04?

No cons that I can think of. Just make sure you use some sort of filter like the GDP or cat unit.

Back