lift pump

Cummswap

Ok Many of you run lift pumps, I'm new to the cummins world so forgive the ignorance. If you run the lift pump do you still run the mechanical pump that feeds the p-pump? or do you use a block off plate take it off? I'm a little confused. If you do keep the mechanical pump, what pressure is used to feed the mechanical pump?

You can take it off and put a block off plate on it. Or you just by pass it. Just run your fuel hose right to the top of the fuel filter housing.

You can take it off and put a block off plate on it. Or you just by pass it. Just run your fuel hose right to the top of the fuel filter housing.

Thanks, i'll just take it out and block it off.

I know puredieselperformance.com sells them. Or you just get a old chevy 350 small block block off plate.

I haven't done a side by side comparisson, but just by looking at the two they do look VERY similar. The sbc plate actually fits?

I haven't done a side by side comparisson, but just by looking at the two they do look VERY similar. The sbc plate actually fits?

Yes it does believe it or not. Thats what Ive got on mine.

I know puredieselperformance.com sells them. Or you just get a old chevy 350 small block block off plate.

Yes it does believe it or not. Thats what Ive got on mine.

Its a big block chevy plate. I have one on my truck.
Big block chevy is a diamond just like the stock lift pump:
sum-402035_m.jpg

Small block chevy uses a house shaped plate:
sum-g242_m.jpg

It might fit but not as well as a BBC plate

Last edited:
Its a big block chevy plate. I have one on my truck.
Big block chevy is a diamond just like the stock lift pump:
sum-402035_m.jpg

Small block chevy uses a house shaped plate:
sum-g242_m.jpg

It might fit but not as well as a BBC plate

Well I'll be damned. I wonder if the chevy block off plate is cheaper than the cummins one. They've been around a lot longer.

I would bet it is. It seams most everything for the chev's are pretty cheap for things like this.

Yeah dangit! I guess it is for the big block now that I remember. Hahah

Back