LLY duramax question

dirtymax66

I've got an 05 d-max and ive got some pretty basic mods tuned,airdog, and tranny coming soon. well my question was what would be a good turbo for daily driving, minimal towing, and for play? ive got an 01 cummins im gonna build soon and just wanna keep my duramax somewhat reliable.

Your stock turbo will take you pretty far. Both Fleece and Danville offer performance vvt turbos with several wheel options, also garrett has their powermax aftermarket upgraded turbos.
From there you can go away from vvt and go with a wide range of garrett, borg warner, and holset turbos.
And then there are a few options for twin kits.

I've got an 05 d-max and ive got some pretty basic mods tuned,airdog, and tranny coming soon. well my question was what would be a good turbo for daily driving, minimal towing, and for play? ive got an 01 cummins im gonna build soon and just wanna keep my duramax somewhat reliable.

If you are not planning to build the motor and want to keep it reliable, leave the turbo stock IMO.

If you are dead set on changing it, X2 on what Chris said on a modded VVT from Fleece. See my sig.

thanks guys. ive been leaning toward a cheetah but i also saw that danville does a modded stock turbo and havnt really had enough time to really research into it. but yes i am kinda dead set on it cause in time im sure i will probly end up building the motor.

I would really like to talk. To someone about the cheetah and get some info and whatnot on it

I wouldn't get a turbo if your still on the stock trans... But something else to look at if you want a VVT still, the Garrret 4094 that meyer performance sells. its a brand new charger, requires no core, and is about half the cost. Just another option that people are starting to run.

I wouldn't get a turbo if your still on the stock trans... But something else to look at if you want a VVT still, the Garrret 4094 that meyer performance sells. its a brand new charger, requires no core, and is about half the cost. Just another option that people are starting to run.

Unless hes got one sitting on the shelf to use, or there is one floating around on cyber space your not going to get one. They are on back order...

Unless hes got one sitting on the shelf to use, or there is one floating around on cyber space your not going to get one. They are on back order...

Yes I know they were on back order. But he should have some more in Monday or sometime nest week. Just throwing out another option

I spoke with the Garrett rep a few weeks ago and they are back in production.

Back