Loading photos

TooMuchBoost

Comp Diesel Sponsor
My question is about when I try to load a photo into a post I'm getting an error message that says I've exceeded my photo memory limit on the site and in return it shows previously loaded photos I can choose to delete to free up my photo limit.

I understand within reason why you would limit space but I would imagine I'm not the only that has this issue so is there is recommended way to load photos on CompD (like in our 'garage' if this site has them) or do I continue to delete old photos in threads?

Not complaining just wondering if I missed the 'memo' as usual.LOL

I don't know if it would help or not, but I go to Image Expert on my computer and click "save as" and select "highest compression" and that for instance will shrink a 120K photo to around 49K or so depending on the photo. Try that. It will upload faster, take up less space on the forum server, and look just as good in the threads. If you don't have Image Expert, you can use other programs too. Just look around for options when you save them. And don't save them in .bmp form. Convert them. The attached photo was a 570K .bmp and saved as .jpg it was 36K.

$.02

Attachments

• photo[1].JPG
    photo[1].JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back