looking at a kodiak possibly..tips/hints

dieselbeef

dick doggin
hints or tips on getting one to tow the toyhualer or the feed trlrs/ hay etc

what yr duramax to sty away from..lots of em got that motor pkg'd with the allison.

4x4 prefered...need a bigger truck than the dodge ...

Run......fast and far from any GM medium duty.

If ignore this advice, get one with an 8100 gas, it will be cheaper in the long run.

thanks man..ive had that feeling but really wanted someone tp tell me theyre pos...i want a fl70 or a 4 dr int'l but so far havent been able to get them insured cept for commercial and i cant swing that for a farm truck useage

I had one that was used to haul a 43' toy hauler and a 48' enclosed gooseneck. They are way underpowered, seem to have a lot of compressor and other finicky issues.

Replaced it with my 2013 F-350 dually and don't miss it.

One of my best freinds has a 4x4 one. For the same money you could go get a decent kenworth.

Honestly your best bet is to find an old IH Loadstar over the POS Kodiak. As far as insurance is concerned, you need to shop around, especially if it is for farm use.

internationals are easier to find i think too...the commercial ins gimmick has been a deal brkr so far tho..

well it depends onthe weight and the configuration. the one i am looking at thats a 4700 intl is an ex cty dump truck.verynice conversion to a pickup bed. real custom truck but the regis says it is a 19000 lb dump truck. so the ins comp says it is a dump truck and once they told me that i didnt even look into the reg...the guy who has it s a dlr and he just throws a dlr tag on it

I looked a while ago, i got the same advice to run. However i found a lot of F-600's with cummins and Freightliner FL-series with all different engine options.
The C4500's are the nicest looking by far but lots of issues.

Sent from my fphone

well im thinking the frieghtliner or the int'l is the better option but i need to find one with an rv designation on the title and that mmakes it too dam expensive...dont the old fuggers drivin these rv things ever get rid of em..dammit

Back