Looking for a TDI

she_strokes04

Diesel TV Host
Well its time to start looking for a car and obviously we want a TDI. Just got a couple questions after reading through some of the threads here.

Are the '06's that bad? I hate the 99-05 body style. Hate hate hate it! I know we will probably end up doing at least a chip to it, so should I go with an manual? I'm really just looking for a car that I can drive the piss out of and not really worry about it breaking on me. I drive a manual daily, and let me tell you, I am plumb tired of it. Can I run synthetics in it? Any info would be helpful.

Here is one I am looking at.

2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI-Clean Title

Go with the manual unless you are just feeling lucky, the autos are not as bad in the 06's, but I still do not trust them for a high mileage car (as in, I'm driving it till the wheels fall off!). The motors are good, they have cam issues in the earlier ones but I believe they had them resolved by then. On the synthetics, that is the ONLY style fluids you will run, in the entire car, from engine oil, to power steering, to blinker fluid.

The good news is a mild tune will really wake those cars up, to go beyond that gets pricey since they use a unit style injector.

Hope this helps!

Defiantly get the standard I have two tdi's and love them they recommend synthetic only

Well I'm looking at one here in about an hour or so and it has an Auto.... Thanks for the info guys!

Love the color but mines better that I have for sale. It has a aftermarket warranty and is in excelent condition and Id sell it for cheaper than the one your looking at. There is nothing wrong with it I just have too many cars and payments to build my new truck so this is the one that has to go.

Love the color but mines better that I have for sale. It has a aftermarket warranty and is in excelent condition and Id sell it for cheaper than the one your looking at. There is nothing wrong with it I just have too many cars and payments to build my new truck so this is the one that has to go.

Where are you located? Maybe you could send me a couple pics and some info on it. cowgrl_up1515@hotmail.com

I'm pretty picky. I want an 06 or above as I hate the other body style... Thanks

Back