Looking for a Truck to Photograph Very Soon...

ByrdPhoto

I'm new here, and I'm in desperate need of some help from the diesel crowd. I'm a freelance photographer and writer from Dayton, TN, and I work for several automotive magazines on a freelance basis. For the past 9 months, I've been writing my first book, which is about Street Sleepers. And since pretty much any modified diesel truck is faster than it appears, I created a chapter dedicated to diesels. That's where I'm in need of some help.

I'm planning to feature three trucks in this chapter and I've already shot a Duramax truck. I have a Dodge lined up to shoot this week, so I want to spread the love and include a Ford truck. At first I wanted a Power Stroke truck, but at this point, I'd be willing to feature a Cummins-powered Ford. My deadline is very very soon, and I would need to photograph the truck sometime this week or weekend. Don't ask me why I waited until the last minute for the diesel stuff--just a bad call on my part. I'm willing to travel to Nashville, Atlanta, etc. so if you're within a couple hundred miles of Dayton, TN I'd be willing to meet you half way.

I'm looking for a fairly stock-appearing truck that runs in the 7's in the eighth. I have no preference on year or condition of the truck--the rougher the better, actually, since we're talking about a sleeper. Any help is appreciated--you can PM me here or send an email at byrdrods@yahoo.com. Thank you very much.

Tommy Lee Byrd

Hey Aron...hopefully we'll get your truck shot soon! And hopefully I can find a good Ford to shoot so I can wrap this book up.

Check with Swamps Diesel in Nashville. They have a few 7 sec Ford 7.3 street driven trucks that you could shoot. If you was closer to me, i'd let you do mine. Its in the 6's

Last edited:
Hey!!

The INTERCEPTOR is famous for getting rebuilt!!

Wanna shoot the next Rebuid!! LOL

Check with Swamps Diesel in Nashville. They have a few 7 sec Ford 7.3 street driven trucks that you could shoot. If you was closer to me, i'd let you do mine. Its in the 6's

Yeah, I would definitely shoot yours if we were a little closer. I'll check with Swamps and see what they have. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah, I would definitely shoot yours if we were a little closer. I'll check with Swamps and see what they have. Thanks for the suggestion.

Check with Cedar City Diesel in Lebanon, TN 615 443 3502. One of my buddies that traveled with them with there old Dodge/Cummins Drag truck has a 97(?) F250 Ext Cab Short Bed 4x4 that's been coverted from a 7.3L 5spd to a twin turbo'd 12 Valve Cummins with automatic trans. You wouldn't know it from 10-15 feet away either. ;)

Darren is the guys name...I can PM you his direct # or you can call CCD @ the # above because he's usually there in the afternoons or evenings working on stuff and I think his truck stays there sometimes?

Check with Cedar City Diesel in Lebanon, TN 615 443 3502. One of my buddies that traveled with them with there old Dodge/Cummins Drag truck has a 97(?) F250 Ext Cab Short Bed 4x4 that's been coverted from a 7.3L 5spd to a twin turbo'd 12 Valve Cummins with automatic trans. You wouldn't know it from 10-15 feet away either. ;)

Darren is the guys name...I can PM you his direct # or you can call CCD @ the # above because he's usually there in the afternoons or evenings working on stuff and I think his truck stays there sometimes?

Thanks for the info. I was able to contact Jonathan at Swamps Diesel, and I think I have something lined up with those guys. I'll keep Darren in mind though--thanks again for the info.

Byrd whne are you goin to upload the pics have you done with your shoot ??
It seems from the above conversation that the problem of truck is solved ..waiting for your snaps dude ....

mikewayne--you are correct. I was able to line up a shoot with the guys at Swamp's and got my photo shoot taken care of. If I posted the pictures on here, there's be no reason to see the book, now would there??? I don't want to spoil it for everyone.

Thanks again everyone--I can't wait until the book comes out. I'll be sure to let you guys know when it hits the shelves.

Back